Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reliability

I am new to Drones, but have been researching the last 4 months. I really like the H platform and I have a local hobby store close to me that sells them and gives tutorial on flights. Im also looking at the Mavic Pro.
One thing that has me leaning towards the Mavic is its compact size, but I like the H has a full 360 rotating camera which the Mavic doesnt have. I am reading that the Mavic seems to have a higher confidence level.in reliabaility etc.. SO how is the H in terms of reliability, etc.?

The physical size of the H has me wondering about taking it on aircraft. One of the reasons Im wanting to buy one is because of a trip to the Michigan UP.. Id want to bring it as carry on as I wouldnt trust it otherwise.

Any Help appreciated!
I have a Mavic Air and Breeze
I am new to Drones, but have been researching the last 4 months. I really like the H platform and I have a local hobby store close to me that sells them and gives tutorial on flights. Im also looking at the Mavic Pro.
One thing that has me leaning towards the Mavic is its compact size, but I like the H has a full 360 rotating camera which the Mavic doesnt have. I am reading that the Mavic seems to have a higher confidence level.in reliabaility etc.. SO how is the H in terms of reliability, etc.?

The physical size of the H has me wondering about taking it on aircraft. One of the reasons Im wanting to buy one is because of a trip to the Michigan UP.. Id want to bring it as carry on as I wouldnt trust it otherwise.
I have a Mavic Pro and a breeze And Walmart has the breeze for 149 with a controller it’s very small and you can take it on the plane with you a great to learn on .

Last edited:
One thing I would like to add is that the Typhoon H lends itself to minor DIY repairs much better than the Mavic does. A good comparison is a laptop and a desktop PC. A desktop will allow you to change out internal parts much more simply than a laptop.
The other thing when looking at the two drones is that the Mavic is stealthy and the Typhoon is an eyecatcher. If you want to sneak into secluded spots and fly about unnoticed than the Mavic is best. Do you want to draw a crowd and be the center of attention then the Typhoon is a better choice.

Reactions: Slawson
One thing I would like to add is that the Typhoon H lends itself to minor DIY repairs much better than the Mavic does. A good comparison is a laptop and a desktop PC. A desktop will allow you to change out internal parts much more simply than a laptop.
The other thing when looking at the two drones is that the Mavic is stealthy and the Typhoon is an eyecatcher. If you want to sneak into secluded spots and fly about unnoticed than the Mavic is best. Do you want to draw a crowd and be the center of attention then the Typhoon is a better choice.

Both drones are amazing at what they do..

Another alternative is the 3dr solo with the Solex app, talk about the BEST budget drone that you can do amazing things with..
I love when they come in for mods.

They responded quickly. They only sell the foam to those who've purchased the case. Oh well, I guess my option to use my Pelican 1610 with the H is to buy the "pick n' pluck" foam from Pelican. It's $75 from B&H. Considering the cost of the case and that you get 3 pieces of the foam it's not too bad a price.
Does this mean that a person who has bought the case can buy "replacement" foam? I have this case. Would I be able to buy foam for you? It would probably be cheaper to get the pluck you mentioned, but this would be better protection...

Does this mean that a person who has bought the case can buy "replacement" foam? I have this case. Would I be able to buy foam for you? It would probably be cheaper to get the pluck you mentioned, but this would be better protection...

Thank you!!!

Yes, that was their response. The pre-cut foam would be far superior to the pick & pluck and save a few hours of frustration on my part. If you would buy some and send it to me I'd be happy to cover all costs. Contact me via a private message on this site if you're willing to do this and want my particulars.

I have both the Typhoon H and Mavic Pro (and the Typhoon Q500+). Like them all. They each serve slightly different purposes for me. The Mavic Pro is definitely the go to choice for portability (and great for developing for custom uses). The ability to swap cameras and use a thermal camera is a big plus for the H. After all is said and done, I prefer Yuneec drones but like the 3rd party SDK support with the DJI products. Not opening up the SDK for the Typhoon H is the biggest disappointment I have with Yuneec.

I have both the Typhoon H and Mavic Pro (and the Typhoon Q500+). Like them all. They each serve slightly different purposes for me. The Mavic Pro is definitely the go to choice for portability (and great for developing for custom uses). The ability to swap cameras and use a thermal camera is a big plus for the H. After all is said and done, I prefer Yuneec drones but like the 3rd party SDK support with the DJI products. Not opening up the SDK for the Typhoon H is the biggest disappointment I have with Yuneec.

I'm not familiar with the DJI SDK for their products. Since many DJI products mean supplying your own smart phone or tablet does that mean developing to those devices or to the DJI controller?

I'm not familiar with the DJI SDK for their products. Since many DJI products mean supplying your own smart phone or tablet does that mean developing to those devices or to the DJI controller?

Yes - to your device. I personally use an iOS device with my Mavic Pro but have used their SDK for both iOS and Android apps. The ability to run apps like DroneDeploy, Litchi, Autopilot, etc, makes the DJI line very flexible. I would love to develop for the Typhoon H, but you are limited to just developing Android apps to run in Pad mode and do not have access to the AV. Apps like UAV Toolbox are nice and handy but requires you exit that app and launch the Yuneec app to fly. Yuneec has limited the SDK to the H520.....hopefully they'll expand that at a later time.

Thanks for making the time to explain. I’ve glanced at the H520 resources but personally I no longer have the desire to write code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop