Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote ID for H920+?

FLDirector19

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I’m curious how fellow RPICs are planning to handle Remote ID in 2023?

Most will use an add on module. I say this because manufacturers will not not likely release a new firmware for older aircraft even if the telemetry already has the required RID information.

I know the Typhoon H series already broadcast all of the information in their telemetry except the location of the ground station although that information is sent to the aircraft for RTH purposes.

As of now the frequency to be used for broadcast has not been settled upon and the lawsuit concerning RID has to be settled before this goes into effect.

Last edited:
Do you know if it is broadcast in the telemetry on the WiFi redundancy packets? I know this is recorded in the FlightLog files.

In the flight log, the remote position is recorded directly. Via the WiFi is organized redundant channel to control the copter, which is transferred from the camera via the gimbal PCB to the main body. There is a place to sniff it. The same channel is used to transfer data for smart modes. Not sure 920+ works in the same manner but should be.

The H480 and the H920+ both use the ST16 controller and the same flight app. The flightlogs are recorded the same, but I am not sure if they incorporate the control redundancy through the WiFi channel or not.

When I return to Florida in the fall I may get a chance to work with a 920+. I will hopefully get to see some flightlogs firsthand at that time.

I'm flying my 920÷ with the H480 model and CGO3+ as payload. So, redundancy should be in place. Is the body using it I can't say, but this can be tested?

Reactions: DoomMeister
I’m thinking if it also uses redundancy we would see it in the telemetry of the RC connection fsk_rssi. You will see zeroes in that column during the redundancy packets.

I’m hoping to see if that also shows up when using the H920+ model when using both CGO4 and CGO3+ cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430