Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote id. Ya or Nay What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Honestly in my opinion think it's a bad(mod edit) idea especially for hobbyists pilots

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. In my opinion it is killing the hobby. Who wants to fly a drone or plane if he has to have a transmitter? The hobby is struggling anyway but this will be a huge problem. I do not think that many people would consider flying drones anymore and many will quit.

Reactions: Xghost89
That my friends is exactly what big business and the government is counting on! They expect us to just bow out and let them take over.

It may also increase the number folks already flying Part 107 jobs without certification. Unless the FAA notifies merchants to stop selling (present and future stock of drones) without ID they can claim they were unaware of new restrictions. It may mean they might continue to sell drone which will be bricked when they leave the shelves. To to point: I don't like the idea of seeing my local Walmart delivering goods to my neighborhood hundreds of times a day while my H PLUS ends up being a museum piece. Now that I thought about the thousands of deliveries Amazon.com, Walmart and others plan to make with the use of drone, this is going to be a nightmare. I can see a landscape of crashed drones, no deliveries during inclement weather, crashes during inclement weather, and crashes for other various reasons.

It may also increase the number folks already flying Part 107 jobs without certification. Unless the FAA notifies merchants to stop selling (present and future stock of drones) without ID they can claim they were unaware of new restrictions. It may mean they might continue to sell drone which will be bricked when they leave the shelves. To to point: I don't like the idea of seeing my local Walmart delivering goods to my neighborhood hundreds of times a day while my H PLUS ends up being a museum piece. Now that I thought about the thousands of deliveries Amazon.com, Walmart and others plan to make with the use of drone, this is going to be a nightmare. I can see a landscape of crashed drones, no deliveries during inclement weather, crashes during inclement weather, and crashes for other various reasons.
Can someone bring me up to speed I'm in the UK and to be honest don't know anything about ID and transmitters in this part of the world but if it happens in the US it's going to happen in the UK any information please, and apologies for my ignorance, [emoji3064]

Nothing impossible for whiteHats , Mods ect unde the radar. Remember the people are what give them there power

Reactions: Mike Irish
It may also increase the number folks already flying Part 107 jobs without certification. Unless the FAA notifies merchants to stop selling (present and future stock of drones) without ID

I would not hold my breath on that. The FAA has not cracked down on drone companies that openly advertise that their drones can be flown miles away from the operator. Nor has the FCC cracked down on the sales of antennas that are illegal to use that are also used to extend range well beyond visual line of sight.

My personal prediction is that this will be chaos as the FAA tries to implement the draconian rules they have proposed. Keep in mind that the one and only thing the FAA truly cares about is manned aircraft safety. We are a threat and if they have to regulate us out of existence in order to mitigate that threat (as they view it) then they could not care less. Add in the security hysteria over the also (imaginary) threat we pose and the situation is made even worse, if that is possible.

We need to ask the question of who profits from this and who/what does it harm? Follow the money and the egos. The down side in my humble opinion is how do we inspire young potential future aerospace and aircraft engineers if they have no start at a young age to fire passion for the future.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Really doesn’t matter what we think, it’s a done deal. How people react to it is a different story. Time will tell who complies, who doesn’t and how vigorous authorities are with enforcement. If history is any guide, some will comply, many won’t, and enforcement will be negligible.

Well if it's just Bluetooth or WiFi as proposed in UK then it's pretty much useless, anybody close enough would be trespassing in some areas I fly with landowners permission, and I suspect a lot of the other remote areas people don't care.

It's caused me to move on to wheeled RC vehicles. Mounted a camera and transmitter to an 8x8 off road crawler. It's been an interesting experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval