Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repair of gimbal Yuneec Typhoon H

Reaction score
On the gimbal suspension Yuneec Typhoon H480 power supply was gone, it stopped working, the information on the firmware disappeared on the console. Since the guarantee was long over, before I sent it for repair to the workshop, I decided to look at myself how seriously everything is possible and make it myself (time and money play a role!). It was also interesting to find the cause of the failure, which appeared a second time in his life (the first time he was repaired under a guarantee in Germany for free, but the forwarding by the Courier Service, etc. cost a "round" amount - more than more than 350 $. plus 7 months of road adventures).
In addition, he replaced the motherboard, supposedly out of order, as it gave artefacts in the form of a white matrix on the scene. A lens with a PixAero 3.77 mm lens was supplied to the new matrix board.

For whatever reason, the fuse was blown in the circuit that supplies power to the camera mount. The fuse is soldered and mounted on the main board on the H. He soldered on a thin wire to around the fuse to restore the power. He also changed the lens and sensor on the camera to repair and improve the image. At least that is the way I interpret the video.

Reactions: Dr Delta
I thought about bypassing as it’d be super easy to wire around but I’m going for my own replacement fuse. I will find a good value fuse and with my Studio tech, build a good replacement. I’ll document and get part numbers as I have two drones down. For sure replacing the OEM fuse is difficult as it’s surface mounted and the main board is a sandwich board so there is no visible through mount points to desolder. It’d be great if I could find more of a circuit breaker and mount that outside the shell or inside where I can reach easily reach with a poker tool and small hole in top canopy.

the fuse can go out of work for some reason, for example - forgot to remove the transport protection of the camera and turned on the drone - so I first burned the fuse .. in the video description I briefly told about my first adventure ..
It is possible to disable the fuse, if you try to insert or take off a SD card when the drone is running. There is a probability of failure of the fuse if you calibrate the drone without removing the camera.
I agree with CraigCam that it is correct to use a real fuse, but I did it and checked it for the first time and I did not have the present device at that time. It was a test.
My video shows two errors in the operation of the drone and their consequences, and how it can be fixed is not expensive, quickly and independently, if you do not already have a guarantee for the drone. So you can have an experiment.
All good flights and good luck!

Reactions: eprom and Dr Delta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval