Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repairs.....

Happens either way. Mine broke at the end of the spring clip. If either had been designed as a safety shear, I wish they had done the spring clip end instead. Still not a real hard job, but not 10 seconds anymore. The good part is that those are a lot easier find online.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
New Hampshire? I'm from Keene but I'm in Missouri and I still stand with kav Service because I have been there 3 times and they have been great and and I call russ and saved me a big hassle for something that took 2 minutes to fix. Your problem is more serious and I don't recommend yuneec help even though they use kav. Talk to kav directly in Kansas city and ask for russ or Brad. Good guys.

So...the spring clips on the damaged arms look different than what I see online. It looks like the part that extends down from the main part is broken off. Is that what happens? Is that piece like a shear pin that breaks off in an impact to save damage to the drone?

Check or call Carolina Dronz

Happens either way. Mine broke at the end of the spring clip. If either had been designed as a safety shear, I wish they had done the spring clip end instead. Still not a real hard job, but not 10 seconds anymore. The good part is that those are a lot easier find online.

Yes Carolina Dronz

So...the spring clips on the damaged arms look different than what I see online. It looks like the part that extends down from the main part is broken off. Is that what happens? Is that piece like a shear pin that breaks off in an impact to save damage to the drone?
Can you provide a pic of what's broken? The arm hook attaches with 2 screws and the arm latch with 1 screw.

I took out insurance on mine with a £50 excess, which means that if it breaks i send it to yuneec UK, and ring my insurance company. and it only costs £50 to repair it
of course if its something simple, i have done it myself in the past, but parts do seem to be obscure.

I took out insurance on mine with a £50 excess, which means that if it breaks i send it to yuneec UK, and ring my insurance company. and it only costs £50 to repair it
of course if its something simple, i have done it myself in the past, but parts do seem to be obscure.
In theory, and they'll charge more on premiums next year, or they'll say beyond economic repair.

• Wow
UPDATE: So, after careful consideration, I decided to send the drone out for repair. I thought it would take less time to have it back in functioning order that way, instead of waiting for parts, trying to do it myself, then having to send it out after I screwed it up even further. So, it arrived at Terrestrial Imaging on Tuesday, and I'm patiently waiting for a diagnosis. So far, every dealing I've had with them (for parts and accessories orders) has been great. Hopefully, they have good news for me soon!

Parts are very abundant on e-bay just search for yuneec typhoon h pro if you can find the guy that goes by Brighterbrands he would be an excellent choice to start with!
Possibly sometimes, very sparse on eBay UK, and the same ones week after week.

UPDATE: So, after careful consideration, I decided to send the drone out for repair. I thought it would take less time to have it back in functioning order that way, instead of waiting for parts, trying to do it myself, then having to send it out after I screwed it up even further. So, it arrived at Terrestrial Imaging on Tuesday, and I'm patiently waiting for a diagnosis. So far, every dealing I've had with them (for parts and accessories orders) has been great. Hopefully, they have good news for me soon!

They do come highly recommended

I think insurance is a scam.

Has been for a long time. That got worse with the Affordable Care Act as what it did was assure insurance companies had a constant source of revenue while allowing less medical care with higher deductibles. They make money coming and going and can’t possibly lose money.

Insurance in general is no longer insurance, but payment “assurance”- IF- all the coverage qualifiers have been complied with. Insult to injury is insurance companies share a claims data base so if you file a claim, end up dissatisfied with the service or settlement, and go shopping for another carrier the new carrier knows of your previous claim and increases your policy cost to offset the previous claim. Should you file a claim of any substance and stick with the carrier your rates increase for a period of time necessary to recover the carriers loss.

If it’s a big settlement on a claim and the carrier knows they’ll have to pay all or part of it they’ll tie the case up for three or more years in court to delay payment long enough for them to make enough money from what they owe you to end up with a zero loss. If you elected to do without an attorney you get screwed, badly.

Has been for a long time. That got worse with the Affordable Care Act as what it did was assure insurance companies had a constant source of revenue while allowing less medical care with higher deductibles. They make money coming and going and can’t possibly lose money.

Insurance in general is no longer insurance, but payment “assurance”- IF- all the coverage qualifiers have been complied with. Insult to injury is insurance companies share a claims data base so if you file a claim, end up dissatisfied with the service or settlement, and go shopping for another carrier the new carrier knows of your previous claim and increases your policy cost to offset the previous claim. Should you file a claim of any substance and stick with the carrier your rates increase for a period of time necessary to recover the carriers loss.

If it’s a big settlement on a claim and the carrier knows they’ll have to pay all or part of it they’ll tie the case up for three or more years in court to delay payment long enough for them to make enough money from what they owe you to end up with a zero loss. If you elected to do without an attorney you get screwed, badly.

I agree, it's always about keeping in someones pocket.

I agree, it's always about keeping in someones pocket.
Depends what insurance it is, car insurance is a legal requirement here, if you don't have it, they seize your car at the roadside, and can be crushed if you don't pay to get it out the pound. Insurance is a scam, just to dot the I as they say and can be worth no more than the paper it's written on.

• Sad
Depends what insurance it is, car insurance is a legal requirement here, if you don't have it, they seize your car at the roadside, and can be crushed if you don't pay to get it out the pound. Insurance is a scam, just to dot the I as they say and can be worth no more than the paper it's written on.
WOW crush your car.
DANG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece