Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reverse Boot Sequence

Have you actually flown the H doing this to see if the revearsed boot up messes with the GPS/Wifi in connectivity? I am sure there is a reason Yuneec and even DJI recommend the Craft then Transmitter in both platforms !?!

I have and do not see any issues what so ever. My thinking is that if the motors were to throttle up before the radio made the handshake with the H you would have an uncontrolled hex (fly away).

I tethered the Typhoon the first couple times and everything I could check (other than the landing gear as it was to close to the ground) functioned flawlessly. I then went for the actual flight and did not see any change in performance. Even did a momentary RTH.

Reactions: DroneClone
I'd have to investigate some more before I gave it a try, I am not so concerned, cause my H is connecting to camera view in one minute or less doing it the recommended way, I wonder why some have a issue and some not? Wifi connection issue? position of antennas to craft? i.e pointing away from it? during boot up Curious !

Just came back from a very very quick and scary flight from off my back porch. Had to hit RTH as I lost throttle control it went full balls and couldnt get the throttle to decrease. Thank god for RTH!!! I'm taking my video post down!!! There's your answer and almost at my expense....LOL

I dont understand why this worked two times whilst tethered and once in actual flight then the third time was nearly crash & burn! Ta **** with it. I'll wait for the slow boot.

I dont understand why this worked two times whilst tethered and once in actual flight then the third time was nearly crash & burn! Ta **** with it. I'll wait for the slow boot.
I had a bad feeling in my bones about it, as all the gps run platforms "all" state to do transmitter first and craft last and reverse on shut off, Boy! I bet your heart *** near jumped into your throat ! I am so glad you recovered it with RTH ! Never again, ehh !

Oh ok. By the way, I just received this reply from Yuneec.

"Hello,

The reason why we have you boot up the ST16 first is because once it is powered on the receivers are giving off the signal to get from the drone and it would make it easier to connect rather than do it the other way around. People can boot up the unit however they'd like we just recommend you boot up the controller first. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you"

Customer Care Yuneec USA Inc.
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
www.yuneec.com
(AM)

I had a bad feeling in my bones about it, as all the gps run platforms "all" state to do transmitter first and craft last and reverse on shut off, Boy! I bet your heart *** near jumped into your throat ! I am so glad you recovered it with RTH ! Never again, ehh !
Not just no but **** NO! LOL

I'm curious, what is the reverse boot up sequence?

Oh right, I've done it for about 5 - 10 flights without issues. For me its the only way to get the darn thing to connect to the camera.

That description from Yuneec is awful though, the risk is the H will not see the controller and it will initiate a RTH to either the last RTH position if it retains it or a non existent one.

Oh right, I've done it for about 5 - 10 flights without issues. For me its the only way to get the darn thing to connect to the camera.

That description from Yuneec is awful though, the risk is the H will not see the controller and it will initiate a RTH to either the last RTH position if it retains it or a non existent one.
Your choice ! ;) Fly safely !

Yup, risk vs reward mixed with a little bit of battery life as otherwise I get less than 10 minutes flight time.

Yup, risk vs reward mixed with a little bit of battery life as otherwise I get less than 10 minutes flight time.
Understand the waiting, I get boot up in about 1.5 to 2 minutes, not real bad. I heard from Yuneec you can tap the system settings tab and then tap the "Back" tab the u-turn arrow at bottom right of 16 and it is supposed to boot it right up ? Haven't tried it yet !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval