Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Revised - Now looking to repair Typhoon H w/ Real Sense (and H Model Production Update)

Haha......I am confident the H is out of production. So was the Q500 but it continues to be sold. I suspect the H will continue to be on the market for a very long time. The problem will be repair parts.
Ahh. I see what you meant. I fully agree with that. It can still be had from some re-sellers 'While stocks last', and even when they've all been sold the TH will still be gracing our skies for some years to come. For example, I have no plans to ground my TH for the foreseeable future. I may (or may not) buy into the H3 at some point but I won't be selling my TH to finance that. It is my view that any commercial pilot worth his salt should have at least two aircraft in his hanger so since I'm thinking of retiring my back-up P2V+, my TH will still have a role to play even if I get a more modern aircraft.

As you say, though, spares may be an issue as well as batteries.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Regarding the H being discontinued, I touched on it in my original post. If Yuneec tells me it's not out of production but they won't have any until the end of the year, that makes me think they use the same production line for the H/Plus/Pro and they're building other models and the H won't get a turn until later.
Don't take any notice of what someone at Yuneec has told you. There'll be no new TH's coming off the production line. Not now and not in the future. As @Steve Carr has said in a post above, they'll still be around for a while, but no new ones coming out of the factory.

What will cause it to be grounded will be parts like circuit boards which have difficult to replace parts and are becoming scarse, a crash could render the copter to "Parts only" in a worse case I've noticed some parts have been unavailable for over a year on all Yuneec websites and UK stockists.

Don't take any notice of what someone at Yuneec has told you. There'll be no new TH's coming off the production line. Not now and not in the future. As @Steve Carr has said in a post above, they'll still be around for a while, but no new ones coming out of the factory.
Wouldn't say 100%. They did say 920 was finished, but that is a unique system capable of doing a lot more than the H480.

Check eBay. I got just the H on there for like $349 several months ago.

Wouldn't say 100%. They did say 920 was finished, but that is a unique system capable of doing a lot more than the H480.
Well, there's always the remote possibility they'll revive it but I seriously doubt it. They've got the H520 still on the web site (though sales of that aren't what they had hoped), the H480+, and now the new H3 shortly hitting the market. The TH was a fairly popular alternative to dji's offerings but, as i'm sure you will appreciate, for any company to survive they must continually move forward...seems that this is what Yuneec are doing with the H3.

So, OK, not 100%, I'll grant you that, but as close to 100% as you can get IMHO. Again, I'd love to eat my hat.

As requested by a couple of members last week.

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2738.jpg
    IMG_2738.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Check eBay. I got just the H on there for like $349 several months ago.
I've been looking. Did you just buy the drone and nothing else for that price? Everything for sale right now is the full bundle around $600 and higher. Might have to go that route and just have lots of spare stuff.

As requested by a couple of members last week.
Clean the dirt off and remove offending pieces and it will look more encouraging to you to repair, it's always disheartening looking at it like that.

Still looking for the magical 10th post so I can get on the classifieds. In the meantime, my RS module took some damage at the rear. Shell is cracked and the status light is gone. I think the camera and boards might still be good. I'd like to try a rebuild with my parts before I buy a new one or just fly without it. If anyone has a non-functioning RS module or shell they'd like to get rid of please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss