Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Running in new batteries?

Reaction score
are Lipo batteries subject to having to be "run in" for the first few times of use -so repeated charging then discharging builds up to the advertised 25 mins running time?

Are they like NImH in that they like continuous use?

and I have heard that 1 year out of a operating Lipo is standard working life - can anybody verify this?

Reactions: GRH
You might check the Web for LIPO battery manufacturers' recommendations to get correct info.

The one thing I can tell you with assurance is this: You will never get 25 minutes, or even 22, from the standard H batteries. Depending on conditions, getting 14 to 19 is normal. Maybe more sitting on the ground, lol.

The H is great, so have fun. Good luck!

are Lipo batteries subject to having to be "run in" for the first few times of use -so repeated charging then discharging builds up to the advertised 25 mins running time?

Are they like NImH in that they like continuous use?

and I have heard that 1 year out of a operating Lipo is standard working life - can anybody verify this?
Rule of thumb if your batteries are Yuneec brand, fly for 10min then charge fully, for the first 10 times you use them

Reactions: GRH
Rule of thumb if your batteries are Yuneec brand, fly for 10min then charge fully, for the first 10 times you use them
I guess I've already "Trashed" my two battery's that came with my 500 4K?:( I've got three cycles on each of them landing at 18 minutes with 10.7 V in them. Should I cut my future flights to 10 minutes,for the next seven cycles? Also what is the longest you will leave a battery at full charge for,before putting it in storage charge?

I guess I've already "Trashed" my two battery's that came with my 500 4K?:( I've got three cycles on each of them landing at 18 minutes with 10.7 V in them. Should I cut my future flights to 10 minutes,for the next seven cycles? Also what is the longest you will leave a battery at full charge for,before putting it in storage charge?
I wouldn't think you have "Trashed" the batteries. I started out with little to no knowledge of Lipos and their use. Couple that with some bad information from a selling hobby shop and I put my batteries through the mill at first. Those two batteries are still good. They don't last as long as two GiFi that I bought from Carolina Dronz but they still charge up and work.

Th
I wouldn't think you have "Trashed" the batteries. I started out with little to no knowledge of Lipos and their use. Couple that with some bad information from a selling hobby shop and I put my batteries through the mill at first. Those two batteries are still good. They don't last as long as two GiFi that I bought from Carolina Dronz but they still charge up and work.
Thanks,for the information.:) Iam currently discharging the batterys now,as they have been at full charge for two days,waiting for good flying conditions,but no luck!:(

Reactions: Ron_Dog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval