Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sandisk not working

Reaction score
took my q500 4K on it's maiden flight today, had bought a sandisk 62gig, class 10 (3) 4K micro card to put in camera, however the controller would not recognize it. Had to put in the 8 gig card that came with typhoon, and it worked fine. Manual says can use card up to 128 gig. I buy wrong card, or am I missing something? Thanks

The controller seems to have an issue with larger cards but the camera, which is where you put the larger cards, takes them just fine.

I use a 16gig card in the controller and it works fine. The video and telemetry data is very small. The video itself isn't very good quality recorded by the controller. It is really just meant to be an archive like a flight datanrecorder not really for final footage.

The controller seems to have an issue with larger cards but the camera, which is where you put the larger cards, takes them just fine.

I use a 16gig card in the controller and it works fine. The video and telemetry data is very small. The video itself isn't very good quality recorded by the controller. It is really just meant to be an archive like a flight datanrecorder not really for final footage.

I put 62 gig card in camera, no disk in controller. My intent was to use card in camera for video, then use supplied 8 gig card in controller to load flight data. Card in camera was not recognized by controller so I used supplied 8 gig card in camera, and it recorded video fine. Is 62 gig card wrong type or to large to use in camera ? Thanks

OK, there is a 32 and 64gig. I know that a 64 works just fine but you may want to initialize or format the card that won't work from the device itself but, it should work fine in the camera. Example, format the card in the controller from the controller settings.

The controller not recognizing the card seems right as I think the controller can only handle a 32gig max. Even though it uses android, it isn't really a regular version so its not like you can put the card in the controller to watch footage.

Your intent of 32 or 64 in the camera and 8 in the controller for flight data is perfect! That is how my setup is and it works great!

Ok, that makes sense. I will try that next go-round. The card is 64 not 62 gig, been watching way to much football last couple of days....lol. Thanks for your help, I will post when I try to format card, might be a while before I try, gotta go to work.....

I read somewhere this problem was solved by formatting the sd card to FAT32......

I feel like a dumb..s, do not know what FAT32 is, could you elaborate?

When you format the sd card in your pc
(for instance) it will ask you how you want to format ...theres i think 3 choices to chose from.... choose FAT32 and format !!!!
Have you ever formatted a sd card before ??? very easy to do ... lots of vids explaining how to ..

Thanks Bee, I'm learning as I go......lol . I will format the card and try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval