Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sanitising your H520

Reaction score
We have a small number of H520's that we share around the pilots. Seeing that this COVID 19 is looking at hanging around for a while yet, does anyone have a way of disinfecting the drone before handing it over to another pilot. Given the manufacturers say no alcohol based wipes, sprays or aerosols I am a bit stuck as to what we can do/use. Any help gratefully received.

A UV wand will work. Unfortunately they are scarce/pricey right now. Lots of scams around, also...

Reactions: Bill Jones
We have a small number of H520's that we share around the pilots. Seeing that this COVID 19 is looking at hanging around for a while yet, does anyone have a way of disinfecting the drone before handing it over to another pilot. Given the manufacturers say no alcohol based wipes, sprays or aerosols I am a bit stuck as to what we can do/use. Any help gratefully received.
First, I am not a medical professional, but with COVID-19, whether you are or not, no one really knows how it affects everything, especially inorganic items. That being said though, it is highly unlikely that COVID-19 would be an issue as you could have each H520 sit with a controller for 72 hours prior to help. If you really do have concerns, have all the people involved wear a mask and gloves. They need to use fresh gloves every time they touch something (for each contact point)other than the drone(one person per drone and controller). For example, when you handle the drone and then want to touch the controller....fresh gloves or it is going to cross contaminate and negate any precautions you have just made.

One person, one set of gloves for each contact point/item.
New contact, new gloves.
Do not use hand sanitizer when prepping for glove use......only soap and water.
If you have access to a face shield, this will work as good as a mask for outside.

Finally, remember these key words/phrases.......common sense, cross contamination, soap and water.

You always see people out shopping in gloves, that is the most ridiculous thing you will ever see as it is a clear case of cross contamination and spreads every germ that is on that object to the next.

Have every operator wear a bio warfare suit. They work great if you can handle the temp inside the suit for more than 30 minutes. Approved filters for the gas masks run about $40.00 each and last for a few hours.

Anyone thinking I’m joking-I’m not. If you’re that spun up about Covid-19 that’s the only method with close to a 100% non infection rate. The rest of us will just wash our hands after handling the aircraft, if we go even that far with it.

Have every operator wear a bio warfare suit. They work great if you can handle the temp inside the suit for more than 30 minutes. Approved filters for the gas masks run about $40.00 each and last for a few hours.

Anyone thinking I’m joking-I’m not. If you’re that spun up about Covid-19 that’s the only method with close to a 100% non infection rate. The rest of us will just wash our hands after handling the aircraft, if we go even that far with it.
Not only that, I would not go to the extremes we have both mentioned and just bring with me a jug of water, a wash basin and soap. Do what you need, then put it all away. After that wash up and you are good to go. Just have gloves for the handling of the drone or case after if you are worried.

First, I am not a medical professional, but with COVID-19, whether you are or not, no one really knows how it affects everything, especially inorganic items. That being said though, it is highly unlikely that COVID-19 would be an issue as you could have each H520 sit with a controller for 72 hours prior to help. If you really do have concerns, have all the people involved wear a mask and gloves. They need to use fresh gloves every time they touch something (for each contact point)other than the drone(one person per drone and controller). For example, when you handle the drone and then want to touch the controller....fresh gloves or it is going to cross contaminate and negate any precautions you have just made.

One person, one set of gloves for each contact point/item.
New contact, new gloves.
Do not use hand sanitizer when prepping for glove use......only soap and water.
If you have access to a face shield, this will work as good as a mask for outside.

Finally, remember these key words/phrases.......common sense, cross contamination, soap and water.

You always see people out shopping in gloves, that is the most ridiculous thing you will ever see as it is a clear case of cross contamination and spreads every germ that is on that object to the next.
If you are a medical professional you are taught how to remove gloves and place new ones on, general public don't practice good regime in this respect, only with medical grade sanitizer and smear gloves with it would offer some more protection.

Might be better to assess the risk first. If nobody has tested positive the risk is minuscule.

A kangaroo guard is not necessary when only driving around squirrels[emoji6]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson