Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Scammonden Bridge M62

I'm surprised by the amount of cars in the bridge parked up. Is that a canal snaking around and under the motorway? Great scenery, blends in well with the modern motorway and wind turbine.

Reactions: FlushVision
I'm surprised by the amount of cars in the bridge parked up. Is that a canal snaking around and under the motorway? Great scenery, blends in well with the modern motorway and wind turbine.
The bridge is actually closed. Some sort of repairs going on. It's been close for a couple of weeks now. The cars and other vehicles you can see belong to the construction workers. I mentioned this bridge being closed in that thread with a video I posted a week or so ago when I mentioned that the road I took off from for that video was closed to through traffic.

Just a note. This footage was shot last Wednesday and uploaded to youtube but before I could publish it I suffered a stroke...THursday morning. Back home from the acute stroke unit now but it may be a little time before I can take to the air again.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
So sorry to hear of your plight FV:(

Hope you start healing and mend well in short order.

Another nice video! You time your pan and travel shots well. Just as you think it’s time to go to another clip, it appears! Great color and clarity also.

The bridge is actually closed. Some sort of repairs going on. It's been close for a couple of weeks now. The cars and other vehicles you can see belong to the construction workers. I mentioned this bridge being closed in that thread with a video I posted a week or so ago when I mentioned that the road I took off from for that video was closed to through traffic.

Just a note. This footage was shot last Wednesday and uploaded to youtube but before I could publish it I suffered a stroke...THursday morning. Back home from the acute stroke unit now but it may be a little time before I can take to the air again.
Get well soon.

So sorry to hear of your plight FV:(

Hope you start healing and mend well in short order.

Another nice video! You time your pan and travel shots well. Just as you think it’s time to go to another clip, it appears! Great color and clarity also.
Thankfully, I made the edit before my brain packed up to go on holiday. I highly doubt that I could make an edit to the same standard right now. :(

As title. Shot near to the M62 in West Yorkshire, England, Manual video settings with shutter at 1/1000

I was just wondering if this was the bridge that you said was closed in your last video and then I read below that it was.

Very sorry to hear about your stroke. Keep taking the aspirin and eat plenty of garlic, thins the blood!

I actually had a ride up there on my Bonneville a few days ago, just to check out any flying opportunities in the area that might inspire me. It was a very very windy day. I'm glad I didn't bother taking any drones because I wouldn't have been flying in that wind! On the way home, I had to stick to around 50mph on the motorway on my bike, it was just too dangerous to go any faster. Nice ride out though!

God bless you. We can all stop for one minute and pray for your recovery. Keith C.

I hope your full recovery is fast and complete. I've been down that road and happy that I was able to recover most functions.
BTW, the vehicles are traveling int he wrong direction on the highway. ? ? ?

I was just wondering if this was the bridge that you said was closed in your last video and then I read below that it was.

Very sorry to hear about your stroke. Keep taking the aspirin and eat plenty of garlic, thins the blood!

I actually had a ride up there on my Bonneville a few days ago, just to check out any flying opportunities in the area that might inspire me. It was a very very windy day. I'm glad I didn't bother taking any drones because I wouldn't have been flying in that wind! On the way home, I had to stick to around 50mph on the motorway on my bike, it was just too dangerous to go any faster. Nice ride out though!
Yes. Same bridge.

Opportunities to fly in that area don't come often because of the wind and particularly with the actual spot I took off from in that video because of the proximity of the motorway. The weather last Wednesday, though, was ideal for that flight since what wind there was, was blowing away from the motorway so if I did have control issues my aircraft would have not blown over the motorway.

I have a bike too. a GSF SAK9 650 (Bandit). Unfortunately it looks like I won't be riding that any time soon :(

I hope your full recovery is fast and complete. I've been down that road and happy that I was able to recover most functions.
BTW, the vehicles are traveling in the wrong direction on the highway. ? ? ?
Nooooo. they are on the correct side. You Americans have it all wrong;)

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes. Same bridge.

Opportunities to fly in that area don't come often because of the wind and particularly with the actual spot I took off from in that video because of the proximity of the motorway. The weather last Wednesday, though, was ideal for that flight since what wind there was, was blowing away from the motorway so if I did have control issues my aircraft would have not blown over the motorway.

I have a bike too. a GSF SAK9 650 (Bandit). Unfortunately it looks like I won't be riding that any time soon :(
Take it easy, get plenty of rest and you'll be flying that drone and riding that bike sooner than you think.

Keep safe and I hope you make a full recovery soon.....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop