Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card not always being found by camera

Reaction score
I've seen many questions and answers about SD cards not being found and all the associated responses and suggestions to deal with that problem, but mine isn't a matter of it not being found. It's not being found all the time. It's a SanDisk Extreme 64GB and usually it works fine. Today I powered up and everything worked as it's supposed to and the camera turned green and everything reacted as it should but when I pressed the camera photo button, it was dimmed and the ST-16 said "NO SD CARD" . Well, there was an SD card. So I took it out and re-seated it, thinking that might be the problem, but it wasn't. Still no SD Card found. I then powered both units down and re-booted and when it came up, everything worked and the camera saw the card, and the video and still photo buttons worked. Three hours later, on another shoot, same thing happened. The card was formatted in the camera through the ST-16 but it still wasn't found. 2 re-boots later it came back online, so I have no idea why it's sporadic when looking for the card. Any ideas? Thanks.

Couple of unfounded guesses:

Try cleaning the contacts on the SD card to remove any tarnish or contamination. Or try another card.

The contacts inside the camera may also need cleaning, or they may be damaged or worn. If damaged or worn, that will not be easy to fix. I have no idea if it's safe to spray contact cleaner inside the camera. Maybe someone else has done it and can comment?

I have no idea if it's safe to spray contact cleaner inside the camera.
The only safe way to use the cleaner is to spray the contacts on an old card and insert it in the camera quickly.

But I suspect it's really the brand of the card and not the camera.
What firmware is on your camera?

I've had many brands of cards rejected by the C23 until I started using these. Never had one rejected since and I'm now using them in all of my cameras.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I've found s gently wipe with a microfiber cloth has done the trick. But more often it's just the card playing up, which has been resolved with a new one. There's a list on the forum with cards that pilots find work well.

I found that it sometimes help to format the card. Sometimes it even needs to be done several times but afterwards it works way better.

Dirty contacts might also be an issue but I think the others said everything about it.

I've seen many questions and answers about SD cards not being found and all the associated responses and suggestions to deal with that problem, but mine isn't a matter of it not being found. It's not being found all the time. It's a SanDisk Extreme 64GB and usually it works fine. Today I powered up and everything worked as it's supposed to and the camera turned green and everything reacted as it should but when I pressed the camera photo button, it was dimmed and the ST-16 said "NO SD CARD" . Well, there was an SD card. So I took it out and re-seated it, thinking that might be the problem, but it wasn't. Still no SD Card found. I then powered both units down and re-booted and when it came up, everything worked and the camera saw the card, and the video and still photo buttons worked. Three hours later, on another shoot, same thing happened. The card was formatted in the camera through the ST-16 but it still wasn't found. 2 re-boots later it came back online, so I have no idea why it's sporadic when looking for the card. Any ideas? Thanks.
As @Steve Carr had mentioned, it's the card. I can also attest to the card being the issue. It is so important to not just buy a card because it was a great deal. Look into the specs as they may seem the same but are really not. Brand by brand can also make a difference.

My Typhoon H did this. The reason is because one of the tiny wires soldered to the top plate of the gimbal mount came detached. Three of the other four wires fell off when I opened it up. The five wires are not much thicker than a strand of human hair, and they’re attached to the contact plate with chintzy solder points so fragile, they fall off if you look at them too hard.
The only possible way I see to fix this is to put it all into clips that hold things tightly in place and go under the microscope. There’s circuitry on that little board, and the solder points are very close together, so excess heat could fry it, and the other issue is the possibility of creating a solder bridge between one or more, which will cause a short circuit. Everything is too small to go in with any kind of soldering iron, so I’m going to use a laser to spot heat the points of contact, and cover it with gorilla tape to keep it all in place. Disassembling this gimbal is one flaming pain in the ***, and I don’t want to have to do it again.
Unscrew the little plastic guard holding these wires in place, and there’s a good chance you’ll find one or more of those tiny wires came off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval