Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card

Reaction score
So I charged my batteries and was playing with the setting for the camera. I formatted the SD card because I'm going out later to fly and I already uploaded all the content. It said Format successful but now I can't record or take photos. when I hit the button it says no SD card. Removed it and put it back in and same message. Anyone have a suggestion. I don't have another card. Ordered 2 from amazon but they won't be here till tomorrow.

Brand and capacity of the card please to help others that may experience the same problem.

You might try performing a full format, not quick format, in a desk or laptop to see what happens. FAT32 or exFat. No guarantees but it’s worth a try.

If that doesn’t work go to a store and buy a SanDisc if you can’t wait for the Amazon delivery.

Brand and capacity of the card please to help others that may experience the same problem.

You might try performing a full format, not quick format, in a desk or laptop to see what happens. FAT32 or exFat. No guarantees but it’s worth a try.

If that doesn’t work go to a store and buy a SanDisc if you can’t wait for the Amazon delivery.
Didn't know there was a difference I'll try that.
Thanks
Jeff

Without knowing what kind of computers and OS you have it’s not possible to get into the weeds, plus I have no knowledge of what Apple devices have for formatting.

If using Windows, anything earlier that Win-10 will be FAT32. Win-10 has exFat. A full format is always better than a quick format but some like to do everything in a hurry, which makes a quick format preferable for them. I’ve worked with some products where a quick format caused otherwise good cards to be unreliable.

Reactions: Jal7884
It was a sandisk 64 gig 80gb speed HD card. Apparently it took a dump. New one from the drugstore works fine. Ready to go again. Beautiful day on the DelMarVa peninsula. I found out a friend owns 57 acres just up the road so I'm going to go explore the property and make him a video of it.
@PatR
I'm using Windows 10. I reformatted and still nothing. It's in the trash. Thanks for the info.

Just a remark: Full format is only useful for mechanical media like the old HDDs. For SSDs , memory sticks, SD cards and so on with solid state memory chips full format is useless. The only effect ist to shorten the life cycle of the media.

The organisation of the data on the chips is done by a processor who is doing all needed actions. Formating an SD card is only to give it a file system, nothing else. Nearly all OS can read FAT32. That's why it is the best choice for formatting. NTFS is a no-go.

br HE

Just an FYI, I accidentally inserted a card backwards in a Win-10 Realtek reader last night and killed the reader. The computer trouble shooter and device properties says it’s working but multiple cards say otherwise. Nothing within the OS and manufacture software has been able to correct the problem. Don’t do what I did[emoji15]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidjones4