Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sharing an H Plus Video If You Care To Look. (3 mins) Thanks

I enjoyed viewing "Winter is Coming!" video . It shows a masterful use of arial perspective to portray a simple activity in an artful manner. The subject, a Combine making passes back and forth, would seem on the surface as a commonplace or mundane activity but the videographer gives it a surprisingly poetic and graceful quality that engages this viewer. There is a misty magic quality to it. Tech questions: Was the color tweaked in post production? Was this shot at 1080, 120 fps and then slowed down?

I enjoyed viewing "Winter is Coming!" video . It shows a masterful use of arial perspective to portray a simple activity in an artful manner. The subject, a Combine making passes back and forth, would seem on the surface as a commonplace or mundane activity but the videographer gives it a surprisingly poetic and graceful quality that engages this viewer. There is a misty magic quality to it. Tech questions: Was the color tweaked in post production? Was this shot at 1080, 120 fps and then slowed down?

Thank you. That was quite an ego rush, I must say. I appreciate the time you put into your thoughts and words here. You are very kind. You seem
knowledgeable. We all want to feel appreciated.

1) no tweaking of any sort, color or otherwise, so that means no slo-mo, that's actual flight speed. It's certainly not flawless either as
there's one pass I'd like to have back again to redo because of a jerky pan. I'm an old dog learning this business here and thoroughly
enjoying the pastimes of flight, photography and editing.

2) 1920x1080

3) 60 fps

Merhlin, good to hear from you.
Considering that you did not fiddle around with the footage in post-production, your vid is amazingly smooth and professional looking with that great sound track. A few of my early attempts, taken with a panasonic AG Hmc-150 AVCHD camera were not color-corrected or manipulated in post. In an "Autumn in Oyster Bay" video, I intentionally left in some jittery mobile clips to give it what I thought might be a bold documentary/handheld look. Reviewing them now, I'd edit them out; They are simply too ragged in contrast to the stills and more stable shots. Better I should use them in a horror film? The video itself is way too long but I was determined to make it fit the Mozart overture sound track from start to finish. It can be viewed at:
My Typhoon "H" arrives Tuesday and I am like a little kid awaiting Christmas. I am turning 75 this month and still have lots of energy for learning new skills and some creative fun. Keep up your excellent work and best wishes from one old dog to another.
Albert Richard (aka Airyal)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz