Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

She's down for the count! Repair question

Reaction score
Having chosen (poorly) this morning turning off real sense. My bird was flown into an oak tree. Two arms broke, a leg, gimbal, the lense cover. It seems like it still connects to the controller however the icon doesn't light up. Not that it would fly. I wondered if anyone has been in this situation trying to determine what route to take.

I could send it off to get fixed but I've been looking at parts online. I also see a few Typhoon H plus (without realsense) on ebay. Can I move that module to a regular H plus? Are these a pain to take apart? Just looking for some quality advice. Is there a method to run diagnostics on what it thinks is broken? I'm mostly concerned with the camera. Sadly no one seems to know how to solder these days.

Attachments

• IMG_20210520_124912804.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124912804.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210520_124311201.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124311201.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210520_124404602.jpg
    IMG_20210520_124404602.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
If you are mechanically capable you can repair the Plus fairly quickly. Select the appropriate videos for the list below.
It appears you just need two motor arms, an A and B.
Can you solder the wires back in place on the camera board? If so do it, remount the camera. Then turn everything on to test it for proper function before going further.

C23 Slide Mount.jpg

Reactions: johnnyb57
I want to thank you both, sorry it took so long, slowly getting started and I REALLY appreciate the image of the board wiring! I have not soldered in many MANY moons! I did get things hooked up to the point that Im confident that the camera wiring is all set and working. I realized my gimbal dampers were cracked open so I am ordering those now. Since you both seems knowledgeable. What other birds are compatible with the ST16? Again thanks a million!

If you change the firmware on the ST16s it can be used with the H520, H or H3.
Based on your pictures your H Plus should not be a difficult repair. Only the camera remains in question.

Reactions: Rayray
Finally got her up in the air today... I realized the camera was toast too... So I waited on a refurbed camera from yuneecskins. Had someone that send me H arms and not H+ arms from ebay... never again.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my