Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Single motor malfunction

Reaction score
I've replaced the motor and then I replaced the entire board because someone said it was probably an ESC failure if changing the motor didn't help. Anyone have any idea why I am still getting a single motor malfunction?

I've replaced the motor and then I replaced the entire board because someone said it was probably an ESC failure if changing the motor didn't help. Anyone have any idea why I am still getting a single motor malfunction?
When does this happen, is it when it is connected to your PC? Props on or off?

If you are obtaining the motor malfunction with the props removed I’m afraid you’ll be replacing stuff forever. The system ALWAYS enters a single motor malfunction mode when run with the props removed.

You have an individual motor test feature in the GUI. If they all work correctly there, go fly. At that point you’ll know the failures were not within the system...

Last edited:
When does this happen, is it when it is connected to your PC? Props on or off?
All props are on. It originally had a motor malfunction while flying and I replaced the motor. Then the same motor would not start on take off so I replaced the whole board. It still will not fire on takeoff.

All props are on. It originally had a motor malfunction while flying and I replaced the motor. Then the same motor would not start on take off so I replaced the whole board. It still will not fire on takeoff.
Replace the non-responsive one with one of the ones that works and rotates in the same direction as well as the ESC. This will narrow down the issue even more.

Reactions: FunkyJuan
My first check would be to make sure the connections and/or wires are not bad. Murray's suggestion will check this.

Reactions: PatR
Are you sure the new motor wasn't bad? I replaced 6 motors and one was bad, fortunately I purchased 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy