Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

skyview on ebay 29,99

Are you sure these are genuine, some pretty dodgy 'translation' in the first paragraph of the Ebay add.
Might be Chinky knock offs!!

and the new one arrived and its 1000% better than the other one, it still has lcd issues apparently, but its serviceable. dont know if I can get just a lcd or lcd/mirror box part from somewhere.
If it still has issues then contact the seller as he seems to be selling faulty goods you gave him your hard earned cash now don't let him away with it I know I would not be and now we no why the price is way too good

If it still has issues then contact the seller as he seems to be selling faulty goods you gave him your hard earned cash now don't let him away with it I know I would not be and now we no why the price is way too good
the second one is perfect, the first one I managed to get working better than it was at first, but its not perfect. so I got 2 for the price I paid for the first one. his price seems to jump around, and he has a lot of them for some reason. but I am happy.

Reactions: Thomas111
Are you sure these are genuine, some pretty dodgy 'translation' in the first paragraph of the Ebay add.
Might be Chinky knock offs!!
I was doubtful that these were genuine as well. For 29.99 plus 8.95 shipping I took a chance. They appear to be genuine and the display is crisp. Thanks to this forum I was able to find this bargain. Although I bought them from ebay they came in an Amazon box from a Kentucky address.

I was doubtful that these were genuine as well. For 29.99 plus 8.95 shipping I took a chance. They appear to be genuine and the display is crisp. Thanks to this forum I was able to find this bargain. Although I bought them from ebay they came in an Amazon box from a Kentucky address.
mine too, tracking listed IL as the origin, but both of the ones I got came really quickly. and in a amazon box.

I just ordered one (8am 8/1), $30 plus $9 "shipping" (oh please). But if it works right, still a deal. I'll update when it arrives and I test it out.

I received my goggles (that I bought at the $39.99 price) and they work ok. The display is pretty sharp but the bottom edge is obscured when wearing the goggles in a natural position. The padding around the edge lets some ambient light in which isn't great. I wish there was a brightness control on the goggles to turn down the brightness a tad. I'm debating if I should try to replace the padding or add to it make the display sit about 1/2" further away because I think that would make it so the bottom edge of the display was visible.

I'm slightly tempted to order another set at $29.99 to take apart and see if there is any way to hack a composite video input into it. It seems like a lot of display control boards have both hdmi and composite inputs so I wonder if there something like that on these just not broken out. I would take this set apart but one of the screws is already stripped and I don't feel like breaking it.

Dylan

I received my goggles (that I bought at the $39.99 price) and they work ok. The display is pretty sharp but the bottom edge is obscured when wearing the goggles in a natural position. The padding around the edge lets some ambient light in which isn't great. I wish there was a brightness control on the goggles to turn down the brightness a tad. I'm debating if I should try to replace the padding or add to it make the display sit about 1/2" further away because I think that would make it so the bottom edge of the display was visible.

I'm slightly tempted to order another set at $29.99 to take apart and see if there is any way to hack a composite video input into it. It seems like a lot of display control boards have both hdmi and composite inputs so I wonder if there something like that on these just not broken out. I would take this set apart but one of the screws is already stripped and I don't feel like breaking it.

Dylan
I should have taken some photos of the tiny board inside, theres only 4 boards inside, one big one with a micro and a fpga and some other small chips. and a IO board, and charging power switch board, the battery is a single 18650 sized cell connected to the main board. and a tiny board attached to the battery, (prolly a charge/protection board) there are 6 screws hidden under the foam padding and one hidden under the sticker on the left side.

Ordered one and just got it. Works perfectly. I wasn't planning on being impressed with the resolution but must admit it looks great. May get another as a backup. Also, it works with anything that outputs a signal over HDMI.

Reactions: firehopper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval