Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

slow / turtle mode speed = ?

Reaction score
Dear,

Anybody knows where to find the max. speed in turtle / slow speed mode of the H520? With OBS Avoid on it 4 m/s, but I don't find the information on the turtle mode.

Thanks for pointing me to where I can find this information.
FoldingLlama

Can say about ST16 and H480.

Go into channel settings and see what is the final stick position for the turtle and the rabbit. The difference is about 20%. So (IMHO) there is no speed limitation but just a command limit.

Go into channel settings and see what is the final stick position for the turtle and the rabbit. The difference is about 20%. So (IMHO) there is no speed limitation but just a command limit.
The question is related to the new EU-regulations that impose the possibility of a limitation of 5 m/s. But I will check what you suggest. Thanks!

That is correct!
To my knowledge there is no access to the channel settings in the H520, but suspect that there would be a similar amount of difference between rabbit and turtle on the H520.
I searched for specs on the H520 and all they state is the max climb and descent rates of 7m/s and 6m/s. Nothing on max and min flight speed.

That is correct!
To my knowledge there is no access to the channel settings in the H520, but suspect that there would be a similar amount of difference between rabbit and turtle on the H520.
I searched for specs on the H520 and all they state is the max climb and descent rates of 7m/s and 6m/s. Nothing on max and min flight speed.
indeed. hence my question ;-)

Since Yuneec didn’t publish those figures take the H520 out on a day with little or no wind and make straight runs applying elevator only in Angle mode with GPS enabled. Make several runs with the rate slider at full rabbit and several at full turtle. Download the ulog files from the aircraft and analyze the data and average the max speed at full turtle and full rabbit.

Now do the same with GPS turned off. You will find that it will result in a much higher speed since the FC is not incorporating GPS data into the commands going to the motors.

If you enable Object Avoidance, speeds will be considerably lower than with it disabled.

Reactions: Mike Irish
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS H520
MAXIMUM HORIZONTAL SPEED (MANUAL MODE) 17m/s (38mph)
MAXIMUM HORIZONTAL SPEED (ANGLE MODE) 13.5 m/s (30mph)
MAXIMUM ROTATION RATE 120 deg/s
MAXIMUM ROLL ANGLE 35°
MAXIMUM CLIMBING SPEED 4m/s
MAXIMUM DESCENDING SPEED 2.5m/s

or a another data-sheet
Flight Time: Up To 28 Min. (based on payload weight)
Airframe Size: 20.5X18x12.2 in (520X457x310mm)
Airframe Weight: (with Battery) 57.6Oz (1633g)
Battery: 4S 14.8V LiPo
Battery Capacity / Voltage: 5250mAh 4S/15.2V (79.8Wh)
Charger: SC4000-4H
GPS Accuracy/Frequency: Horizontal 5M, Vertical 8M /5Hz
Hover Accuracy: Horizontal +/- 1.5M ; Vertical +/- 0.5M
Maximum Altitude: 1640FT (500M)
Maximum Rate of Ascent: 9MPH (4M/S)
Maximum Rate of Descent: 6.7 MPH (2.5M/S)
Maximum Roll Angle: 35°
Maximum Rotation Rate: 120 Deg/S
Maximum Forward Speed: 30.2MPH (13.5M/S)
Maximum Take Off Weight: 88Oz (2495G)
Operational Temperatures: -10°C - 40°C
Compatible Cameras: CGOET, E90, E50
Take Off Weight W/CGOET: 4.2Lbs, 67.7Oz (1921G)
Take Off Weight W/E50: 4.2Lbs, 67.5Oz (1913G)
Take Off Weight W/E90: 4.3Lbs, 70.3Oz (1995G)
Transmitter: ST16S Personal Ground Station

Dear,

Anybody knows where to find the max. speed in turtle / slow speed mode of the H520? With OBS Avoid on it 4 m/s, but I don't find the information on the turtle mode.

Thanks for pointing me to where I can find this information.
FoldingLlama
If you have OBS On and the RealSense module attached, it doesn't matter where the Turtle/Rabbit slider is. It is always in Turtle Mode.

The H520 doesn’t have RealSense.

So I guess they did release it with RealSense. Just hadn’t seen one with it installed.

Reactions: Mike Irish
You can also test it yourself and watch the navigation compass at the bottom right hand corner of the screen:

1607651925434.png

The ST16 limits the stick to 60% in turtle mode. I guess the ST16S do the same but I don't have on and cannot test. However it should be visible in TLOG file because there are the RC channels in.
-100% is 0; neutral is 2048 and +100% is 4095 as far as I could see. If someone can test it in turtle mode....

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
The ST16 limits the stick to 60% in turtle mode. I guess the ST16S do the same but I don't have on and cannot test. However it should be visible in TLOG file because there are the RC channels in.
-100% is 0; neutral is 2048 and +100% is 4095 as far as I could see. If someone can test it in turtle mode....

br HE

saw that the max was 5 m/s in turtle mode.
mine has no realsense, only OBS

Maximum Forward Speed: 30.2MPH (13.5M/S) x 0.6 = 8.1

8 isn't equal to 5 for sure.

More than that, the question is what speed should be limited? Ground speed, indicated airspeed or what? With the stick limitation in the best situation, you can say you limit IAS, but without certainty how exactly is your limit right now.

Rabbit/Turtle slider is useful for precise movements but is useless as a limiting device, which can be exposed in the face of the authority.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval