Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart mode

Reaction score
I fly mostly in angle mode. I am going to show a first time flyer just the basic forward backwards etc. Isn't it better to use the smart mode first time?

No. Unless they fully understand Smart Mode, they will get into trouble with it. The drone makes a lot of it's own decisions in Smart Mode. When it makes a decision that is wrong for your circumstance, there is little time to correct, and it takes an experienced pilot to know the correct response.
I am not a fan of smart mode.

I'm not a big fan of it either I remember back when I first got my q500 I took off in Smart Mode and ran into the side of the house it went had a time figuring out what I was doing wrong don't like the food was smart mode either

I've just never had any problems flying in smart mode but I'm not pros like you guys. Honestly maybe I'm lucky or dumb. It always responded well with no problems but angle mode is just more fun and obviously a lot more options.

If you're flying close to yourself it's going to be a problem! If you're out in a big open field it would be all right I just like to have more control over my drone bringing it in close to me and smart mode don't allow that I'm use Smart Mode but I'm a big fan of angle mode more that I can control it close to me!! A lot of places I fly and shoot is real tight spots so angle is the best for me that's just me though!?

I'm not disagreeing with you but I just haven't had the problem. Plus the first time one flies in angle and you don't understand that you have to do things backwards it can be scary until you get used to it.

That is true too!! That's me I'm not disagreeing or anything like that I guess it's just personal preference isn't it and I am far from being a pro LOL

I thought I was the only dummy on here but I don't think you're a dummy which brings me back to being the only dummy. [emoji848]

Lol[emoji1] that's me lol Dummy! But at the end of the day we like to fly Right?

Well instead of the q I just went to the park and flew the H. In angle the whole time and I love this drone. Even though it's a Friday night there were just a handful of folks there in another field. There are two large athletic fields, a baseball field and another smaller field and a basketball court. I really do have my own private place to fly. Love it!

You sound like me I sure do like my h it's just fun to fly, Glad you had a good time and a safe flight !!

I'm not disagreeing with you but I just haven't had the problem. Plus the first time one flies in angle and you don't understand that you have to do things backwards it can be scary until you get used to it.

But that's the thing... if you learned and always fly in Angle, it's not backwards... it's simply flying. There have been so many instances of crashes created by the differences in flying behavior between the two modes... the vast majority of pilots would characterize "Smart Mode" as not smart at all... well within the parameters of "special".

You know more than I do but there have been times that left is right and right is left and it doesn't bother me and yada yada and I'm not going to disagree with you it's just i haven't had any problems with either. In smart mode it does what I expected. You are a pro and I'm not.[emoji27]

I don't have any problem flying in either. I literally grew up in a tiny airport in n.h and could fly a plane when I was 8. It's not a comparison but I know the physics. You guys know what you're doing and I'm a baby flyer but I'm learning.

Please understand that in all cases, it is what works best for you as an individual... just a caution to all, that the company has given these arbitrary terms of "smart"... everyone has their own path to get the most out of these machines.

No. Unless they fully understand Smart Mode, they will get into trouble with it. The drone makes a lot of it's own decisions in Smart Mode. When it makes a decision that is wrong for your circumstance, there is little time to correct, and it takes an experienced pilot to know the correct response.
I am not a fan of smart mode.
you are so right about that . smart mode can be very dangerous .

I emailed russ at kav today and he is saying the same things that y'all have been saying and I will keep flying in angle mode which is not a problem at all for me but I am still trying to understand everything. When I lost a q due to wind the rth didn't have enough power to get back and I could see it trying on the screen to return so I put in angle and the power went dead. Wind that suddenly appears around here often when the sky is calm and then it's pray time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval