Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

smart phone connection for steadygrip CG03 (no camera image)

Reaction score
I'm trying to use the CG03 with the steadygrip and everything works fine except the camera screen on my phone monitor shows no camera image. All the functions are there but the screen is black. A little box pops up in the middle and says "network error" momentarily. I went to my phone Wi-Fi settings and connected the app. I tried uninstalling and installing the CG03 app but still no luck. I installed the camera in the Q500 and it works fine through the ST-10. I'm sure I tried using the steadygrip right after I got the Q500 and I seem to remember it working fine. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to use the CG03 with the steadygrip and everything works fine except the camera screen on my phone monitor shows no camera image. All the functions are there but the screen is black. A little box pops up in the middle and says "network error" momentarily. I went to my phone Wi-Fi settings and connected the app. I tried uninstalling and installing the CG03 app but still no luck. I installed the camera in the Q500 and it works fine through the ST-10. I'm sure I tried using the steadygrip right after I got the Q500 and I seem to remember it working fine. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Silly question I know... but how old is your phone? Does it have the correct operating system? I had that issue before I upgraded my android phone to a S6.

Reactions: frodohtx
Not a silly question. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I think it was the latest model when the drone was manufactured. And it has worked when I tried the steadygrip before so I don't think that's the problem. The instructions talk about logging in to the wi-fi using the password 1234567890 but I don't see where to do that.

Reactions: frodohtx
Ahhh. The password is needed when you 'pair' your phone to the unit. I had the same issue with my s6. What ended up working for me..... I had the cgo3 app open and the stead grip on, then turned on my wifi and had it search for devices. Once it has located your steady grip it will ask you to enter the password to complete the pairing /connection.

You will only need to enter the password once.

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ahhh. The password is needed when you 'pair' your phone to the unit. I had the same issue with my s6. What ended up working for me..... I had the cgo3 app open and the stead grip on, then turned on my wifi and had it search for devices. Once it has located your steady grip it will ask you to enter the password to complete the pairing /connection.

Exactly right, but when you open the phone wifi list, wait until you see the CGO3 listed and then you have to select it to connect to it.

And if you use your phone's WiFi to hook up to your network at home you might have to manually turn off your home WiFi Connection on the phone first. I know mine conflicts when I am in the house. You should only have to do this if your are in range of that WiFi Connection in your house tho.

And if you use your phone's WiFi to hook up to your network at home you might have to manually turn off your home WiFi Connection on the phone first. I know mine conflicts when I am in the house. You should only have to do this if your are in range of that WiFi Connection in your house tho.
Did that. No help.

Wi-fi on my phone says it's connected. Nowhere does it ask for password, no way to enter it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the CG03 app several times, powered on the steadygrip first, opened the app first. Same result: camera screen shows all controls but is black & unresponsive. Then a box on the screen says "network error".

Have your phone forget the wifi for the cgo3 connection delete it from the wifi list ..Then have your phone look for the wifi connection for the cgo3...

What kind of batteries are you using in the steady grip? When the cg03 is connected to the drone does the app work then?

What kind of batteries are you using in the steady grip? When the cg03 is connected to the drone does the app work then?
BINGO! Checked the batteries and the voltage was low. Put in fresh ones and Voila! That did the trick. Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. We're back in business. Now if I can get the drone to stop dropping out of the sky I'll be a happy camper. Again, thanks everybody for the help.

BINGO! Checked the batteries and the voltage was low. Put in fresh ones and Voila! That did the trick. Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. We're back in business. Now if I can get the drone to stop dropping out of the sky I'll be a happy camper. Again, thanks everybody for the help.
Awesome. Yeah... Flying out of the sky! No bueno!

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval