Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SO FRUSTRATED - Can't connect Bluetooth to game controller

Reaction score
Sorry for yelling, but my frustration level has it a new high.

This is not my first drone. I had a DIY, the 2 different Phantoms, and a 3DR Solo. I asked for this one for Christmas because of the size, and hopefully the ability to use it without bringing the police down on me when I went to the park.

I got this drone as a Christmas present. I tried to fly it using just an iPad or iPhone. The experience is completely unrewarding. Then I decided to order the FPV unit, and I sat on B&H's waiting list for months. Then I went to Amazon, found one over priced there, but purchased it anyway.

Then I couldn't fly it because of the issues with the firmware updates. I waited until it appeared to be stable.

So, today I installed the new firmware - I'm using an iPhone 7Plus, that went pretty smoothly. I charged the FPV controller, and thed tried to link the controller to the phone. If I went into the phones settings, it would in fact let me pair with the device, but with the software open on the phone, it continued to tell me it could not connect to the phone. I turned it off and on, the same with the phone, and nothing.

I read that people have really good luck with this drone, but I can't get any success.

Can someone tell me how to make this work, cause without the controller working properly, this is hitting the web for sale.

Thanks, and sorry for my frustrated tone.

OK, reading through a few pages of this forum. I learned you have to set the controller to IOS by pressing the Y button, and then turn on the controller. That gave me control of the controller, and I think the precision is pretty good. It's not as strong as the controller from the 3DR, or Phantoms, and while I'm currently flying in the living room with no wind, it does drift too much.

Still working through my frustrations.

I found indoor flight with my Breeze to be drifty. I have 8ft ceilings so flight level is tight at 3.5 to 4 ft resulting in a lot of ground effect from the prop wash. GPS is not used indoors so the IR sensor and flow sensor detect positioning. Indoor flight might work better with 12ft ceilings or in a gymnasium or auditorium.

Try using outdoors and you will find flying much easier. The GPS positioning holds the Breeze in relatively stable position even when it's "breezy" outside.

Reactions: Harmy1970
Old topic, but it's going to drift indoors. You have no gps lock and most likely it is being pushed around by wind from it's own props hitting nearby objects and coming back on it. If you were in a very big empty room, or somewhere like a gym, it would probably be much more stable.

Reactions: Tekn1que

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi