Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So I bought one

Reaction score
So I bought a typhoon H plus.

Looked around only place to get it was Amazon, Duh!
So paid my money, few days later, it arrived, ( no I do not have prime) started the update, as recommended.
Download OK. connect to camera, gets to 2% and stops. Hour later, still at 2%, would not switch off. Pull battery.
Wait a few minutes, reconnect battery, after a few minutes still sat there doing nothing, still would not switch off.
Pull battery. A few goes later. The drone comes back to life. the controller then starts to update.
Thought I was getting somewhere. BUT link to drone/controller kept dropping out even though I was sat about a foot in front of drone.
Could not fly with a drop out like that.

Back to Amazon.

Two days later, the replacement arrives. Went through the update no problem. started on the calibrations
All went OK

Until.
I went to the calibration of the controller. 'K3' did not work. No response.
Backed out and went to controller monitor. 'K3' still dead.
Contact Amazon for yet another replacement. NO chance. they do not replace a second time, Have to return for refund.

I like this unit, with built in screen, I Have not found another drone that I like.
Do not want to have to connect a smartphone to be able to view.
For one thing I just have a basic phone, that is all I need, so would have to buy one specifically for it.

Cannot find anywhere else in the UK to buy one, except Jessops which only do the lower level one.

Want a Typoon H Plus. But cannot get one.

Not a happy flyer.

Whenever I went to Yuneec UK site, could read all about it, click on go to shop it took me to Yuneec Europe site, NO stock. That was first place I looked. The link you give is I notice in London but the site I found was midlands somewhere. I sent them an email but never received a reply. As Amazon would not do a second replacement, ordered another one from them, they did not object and as it is, it seems to be ok. Updated etc ok, had it flying in the living room, bit windy outside. Just waiting for refund on 1st. They do not rush themselves.
For Oscar Cymru, North East coast.

Whenever I went to Yuneec UK site, could read all about it, click on go to shop it took me to Yuneec Europe site, NO stock. That was first place I looked. The link you give is I notice in London but the site I found was midlands somewhere. I sent them an email but never received a reply. As Amazon would not do a second replacement, ordered another one from them, they did not object and as it is, it seems to be ok. Updated etc ok, had it flying in the living room, bit windy outside. Just waiting for refund on 1st. They do not rush themselves.
For Oscar Cymru, North East coast.
Hi,
I’m not sure if you sorted your problem. I purchased my H + from drones directly. I also find that talking to the guys at Yuneec is better than using the website.

Reactions: Steve Carr
#turbys9 I did say that I ordered a 3rd from Amazon, as they would not replace a second time, just waiting for the refund of 1st. I would have prefered to go direct to Yuneec, but every time , clicked on the go to shop button it took me to the EU site, which showed as no stock. The link Steve Carr gave is different to the UK site I had details for, never found that site on searches. Have now made a note of the site. I have ordered a simulator from them, again from EU site as that is the only site I knew about, arrives tomorrow, Hopefully. Will look more at the UK site from Steve Carr, will probably need spares at some time. Just checked the email contact details, same as the one I sent an email to some time ago about stock, never received a reply. The postal address is different. Duh!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Is it essential to have to the update? I've read people still using original firmware the plus came with. Except compass calibration of course.

Essential? No. It’s considered a Best Practice to have the latest officially released firmware installed though, as it addresses bug fixes and feature changes....so if you have an issue the first thing support will ask is firmware version, and request you update to see if it fixes the issue. I’m speaking in general here, with many products considered.

Is it essential to have to the update? I've read people still using original firmware the plus came with. Except compass calibration of course.

I got mine back on July 4th. At that time it was uncharted waters so to speak and the first update added some real features. However I spent a week flying and learning the system to form a base line of what to expect before I did my first update. I did the 0801 update and it went flawlessly for me. At the same time; some users (mostly in the EU) got the new features but also the gimbal began to have a buzz. The next update and several since have been an attempt to correct/fix this buzzing and perhaps a few other bugs.

Meanwhile I never had the buzzing gimbal so it never made since (to me) to update to try and fix a problem that does not exist on my Plus. I Now have had my Plus for 8 months, have logged over 200 flights for just over 44 and a half hours of operation. Zero Problems and to my knowledge the updates since have yet to add a single feature over what my Plus has had since May 1st with the exception of the most recent which adds a digital zoom feature if I remember correctly.

If an update were to be released that adds a new feature (especially one that I want) I will consider that update.

I got mine back on July 4th. At that time it was uncharted waters so to speak and the first update added some real features. However I spent a week flying and learning the system to form a base line of what to expect before I did my first update. I did the 0801 update and it went flawlessly for me. At the same time; some users (mostly in the EU) got the new features but also the gimbal began to have a buzz. The next update and several since have been an attempt to correct/fix this buzzing and perhaps a few other bugs.

Meanwhile I never had the buzzing gimbal so it never made since (to me) to update to try and fix a problem that does not exist on my Plus. I Now have had my Plus for 8 months, have logged over 200 flights for just over 44 and a half hours of operation. Zero Problems and to my knowledge the updates since have yet to add a single feature over what my Plus has had since May 1st with the exception of the most recent which adds a digital zoom feature if I remember correctly.

If an update were to be released that adds a new feature (especially one that I want) I will consider that update.
Point I was trying to make is the copter comes with the ability to fly, hopefully, then there always seems to be problems with updates, were little more than beta testers, and if it goes wrong then have to wait for another release of firmware, it seems wise to wait until are a majority of successful upgrades before updating, there seems to be some people who hurriedly update with the consequences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss