Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some battery questions.

Reaction score
Hello.
Are the batteries interchangeable between the H and H+?
Are those 8050mAh batteries any good for a standard H?
Where in the US is the best place to buy batteries for the H?
I bought most of my Lipos on eBay from the same seller except the last one. All have been very good and the date of manufacture has been under six months old with some around a month old. But the last one 3s 1800mAh from the other seller was almost 3 years old and after seven discharge/ recharge cycles is starting to puff but still gives five minutes of flight on my 450 helicopter.
Thanks a bunch.
Pete.

The H plus batteries can be used in the H but they need a different charger. If you are using an aftermarket charger that can charge LiHV batteries, you would need the adapter cable made for the H Plus/H520 batteries.

The reports on the 8050 batteries vary. Some owners have reported the contacts on the battery have broken resulting in a crash.

Yuneec Skins has announced they will be offering new batteries soon for the H, H Plus and Q500.

Thank you Steve.
You have been very helpful. The standard H I'm sure would suffice for my hobby needs but it being such an old platform I'm afraid of future part support especially in the electronics. I'm already experiencing parts and software/ firmware availability on my Tarot flight control system when the GPS puck went south. The version of the new Puck was not compatible with the flight controller and it was a headache trying to get them to cooperate. I'm not very good with computers. My netbook that I use for the hobbies (RC and Model railroading) is more than 10 years old and Win 10 doesn't like the Tarot program. I should have left it a Win 95 instead of upgrading.

I think I'm going to wait until I can find a deal on a Typhoon H+. Maybe Vertigo or Yuneec skins will have some refurbished ones soon. I'll just have to wait for the money tree to grow a little more.
Thanks a bunch for all your help.
Pete

Hello.
Are the batteries interchangeable between the H and H+?
Are those 8050mAh batteries any good for a standard H?
Where in the US is the best place to buy batteries for the H?
I bought most of my Lipos on eBay from the same seller except the last one. All have been very good and the date of manufacture has been under six months old with some around a month old. But the last one 3s 1800mAh from the other seller was almost 3 years old and after seven discharge/ recharge cycles is starting to puff but still gives five minutes of flight on my 450 helicopter.
Thanks a bunch.
Pete.
I bought a 8050 for my 480 about 2months ago. I get at least 20 minutes of flight time and its been rock solid. my other 2 batts are puffed and down to 6-10 minutes each.......That being said I look forward to a less expensive equally, good or better product from yuneec skins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval