Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Something new perhaps?

Reaction score
With prices of the "H" coming down dramatically does this mean that a much improved version is on the way?

Probably the earliest we'll learn anything about pricing will be the sound of the price hitting the floor for the P4 and Mavic.

Having said that, we just heard the price of the H hit the floor, could there be a surprise coming from the other guys? Hmmmm. :confused: Here's to hoping its the 520.

My guess is Yuneec will pop another press release about the 520 release being "expected soon". Within 48 hours the P4, Mavic, and Spark prices will plummet. The I2 will drop a little as well, or the optional payload prices will drop considerably. That would be consistent with previous competitive releases.

My guess is Yuneec will pop another press release about the 520 release being "expected soon". Within 48 hours the P4, Mavic, and Spark prices will plummet. The I2 will drop a little as well, or the optional payload prices will drop considerably. That would be consistent with previous competitive releases.

I always see a lot of talk about DJI on this forum and rightly so,
they are the drone to be compared with and the drone to beat.

I never see any mention of Yuneec on the DGI forums.

With that being said I hope Yuneec steps up its game.

Its good for competition and good for holding prices down.

I hope the Tornado drops. That is the bird I am waiting for with the CGO4 and longer flights.

On the flip side, having paid the $1800 for the H eleven months ago, I am pleasantly surprised it essentially stayed relatively close to that price point up to now. Almost a year within this technology driven market to maintain that price is beyond what I expected.

I don't see the 520 replacing the H. The 520 is going to be a $3500 + Drone. Either Yuneec is going to go the way of the commercial users and dropping hobby drones or they are replacing the H with an improved version, but nothing has leaked out to the fact.. I don't see the deep discount move other than making the used market worthless.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
I expect the H to be around for a long time. Just look at the Q500. It was released at the end of 2014 and it still has good sales and a stellar reputation. The H520 has a different target audience than the H.

Personally, I have yet to figure out where Yuneec is going with this stuff. As for DJI, with the exception of their enterprise products they really aren't all that advanced in the consumer market. For the most part they are totally dependent on outside App developers to provide features APM has had as internal software for a few years. The average consumer drone owner isn't aware of it because no ready to fly products using APM/Pixhawk based code is being sold outside of Walkera, and they can't find their backside with both hands.

Reactions: Windluv
Yuneec UK said that the 520 would be around £1600 for the body only (guessing that will include ST16 too), and then you can pick and choose cameras to bundle. That was a few months ago however so things may change.

From what I've heard, Yuneec have a lot planned for the rest of this year. The H520 could give DJI a hard time, but it's definitely a commercial product, not consumer - think Inspire rather than Mavic.

The consumer end of the DJI market is nearly untouchable - and the guys who buy Mavics tend to impulse purchase without doing any research. They don't talk about Yuneec because they aren't even aware that other drones exist - rather like iPhone owners used to assume everyone had an iPhone. That's not going to change, and without a smaller, foldable drone, Yuneec just aren't in that space.

Do you think the 520 would take the same batteries as the H?
I doubt it, they are claiming it can fly for 30 minutes. Dont think they can milk that out of the current ones. However they may work for shorter flights. But I wouldnt hold my breath on them working.

Maybe Yuneec is:
1.) dropping prices to bleed off excess inventory to make their bean counters happy.
2.) Lower the pricing to get the more Typhoon H units into new customer's hands and follow-up with the E90 camera.
3.) Release an E90 based Typhoon H at the previous price of the RealSense enabled Typhoon H.

Wow, this thread became full of conjecture and fortune telling.
The 520? Those who know ain't talking. The resulting vacuum is filled with maybe this and maybe that.

A few things are certain. The 520 is much higher priced and not a sub for the 480.
It's aimed at a commercial market where reliability and down time are major concerns, not initial cost.

The release will "be a while longer". The Owners Manual and related instructional videos are now American productions.
If you are really interested in the H520, hang tight and don't worry about the negative comments of doom and gloom. I believe the 520 will blow some doors off.

Have a good weekend and a Happy 4th.:)

Reactions: Bob520 and Tuna
One thing I would like to mention to everyone; Do not ever read a manufacturer's advertised flight time and think you'll ever achieve it. Look at advertised flight times and subtract 15% to 20% from that value for a reasonable starting point. Everything done with the aircraft impacts flight time, speed it's flown at, how aggressive it's maneuvered, wind, lights on or off, using or not using the camera, raising and lowering the gear, even carrying the camera, impacts battery life and flight time.

When it comes to "flight time" every manufacturer uses the absolute best time they ever obtained, if they obtained them at all, flown with the lightest possible aircraft, in absolutely perfect conditions. Likely the aircraft was hovered in ground effect for all the flight time test flights. Those are things you will never, ever do.

Flight time is whatever you happen to get out of them, period.

IMG_2017.PNG So.. on the. "Will the H520 battery fit the H480?"
Here's a thought.
What if they are just using a larger capacity battery?
The current H480 battery is 5400mAh
This one "YUNEEC TYPHOON H 8050MAH 4S, 14.8V LIPO BATTERY" is now available on eBay.
So using logical mathematics
Current flight time 22 minutes
Current capacity 5400
22/5400 = 0.004074074074074
0.004074074074074 x 8050 = 32.79 minutes

That's my 2c.

Would be nice if the battery is the same especially if you just bought one of those expensive 4 port H battery only chargers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge