Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

South Africa H owners?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Relocating soon to Pretoria and Im wondering if there are any SAs in this forum. My main questions are how easy is it to get spares for the Typhoon H. And if you were to upgrade, say to the H3, how would you go about it? Thanks and regards!

Hello everyone! Relocating soon to Pretoria and Im wondering if there are any SAs in this forum. My main questions are how easy is it to get spares for the Typhoon H. And if you were to upgrade, say to the H3, how would you go about it? Thanks and regards!
The closest dealer to Pretoria would probably be in Australia. Dealers
You can contact them here thru the member @Haydn

Reactions: AlRob
I do remember a shop in Capetown, it's been a couple years though, I'll check with my family who live there, to see if it's still going.

Also which FW do you have? If it is the EU firmware, you may be better off contacting someone in Europe... maybe Yuneec in Germany. But if in fact, you use the AU firmware than, @Haydn is your man in Australia.

Hi AIRob...

i can certainly help you out with H parts etc.
I would recommend you to use the US version of the firmware NOT EU. As far as upgrading from H to H3 ,,, there is no upgrade path. None of the parts are interchangeable.

If you have the H Plus there is possibly an option to purchase just the ION camera and attach it... but this has not been fully substantiated.

One thing I might add. Use the best delivery service you can, fully tracked and insured, we've had many things go missing being sent from abroad. The Rand exchange rate makes everything expensive.

One thing I might add. Use the best delivery service you can, fully tracked and insured, we've had many things go missing being sent from abroad. The Rand exchange rate makes everything expensive.
My problem when it comes to courier companies delivering to my address is that the drivers follow a sat-nav programmed with my postcode. 'Trouble is that my post code takes a sat-nav to an address about half a mile away and the drivers are too stupid to even take a look at the street name at the corner when they arrive there. Many a parcel has gone missing in the past because of this. Which begs the question about the honesty of the people that live at that other address.

We've had lots of items go missing, delayed or stolen sending to SA. I'm afraid it's getting worse.

Thank you all for your advice! At present I am not yet considering changing my H. In fact Im actively looking for a thermal camera for it. I take note of the comments related to couriers. Best regards!

Hi mate. I have a CGO-ET for the H480. Send me a pm if you like for more details

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy