Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

For your information

On the ST-16. When you access the secret menu and do the calibration test for the ST-16. it's important that the TILT and the Turtle / Rabbit sliders are set to the middle. ( not at the top, not at the buttom, but in the middle )

On the flight mode screen

Tap the system settings
Tap the About Controller many times

this will open the secret menu

You will see:

ENTER TEST
HW TEST
WIFI TEST
CALIBRATE TEST
HDMI SETTINGS
FIRMWARE UPGRADE

My Gimbal would not pan well. It would not go to horizon and always stay below the horizon.

I did several Gimball calibrations, i could see the camera going up and doing is thing perfectly fine. But the camera would always point a bit down.

I could see it wasn't a gimbal problem.

( this calibration could be usefull for H that drift and can't keep a perfect hoover )

I tried to calibrate the ST-16 many times, and the pan slider in HARDWARE MONITOR would always behave differently. ( not going completely up on the HARDWARE MONITOR when the slider was physically completely up )

That's when i understood that the pan " slider " probably needed to be in a certain position before doing the calibrations.

I tried it starting in the center position and sure enough, my problem was gone.

The gimbal is now working as it should.

Go in CALIBRATE TEST then, press START ( at the buttom )
Press all the butons they ask you untill they become GREEN.

once all of them are green. Press NEXT ( at the buttom )

Re-do the same thing with all the buttons on the remote. ( ALL OF THEM EVEN CAMERA OR CAMCORDER )

Once you are done, all icons should be green. Press FINISH at the buttom and go back to the FLIGHT MODE SCREEN.

Go to HARDWARE MONITOR and check that the behavior of all your " buttons / sticks / sliders " are behaving normally.

If not, remake the calibration.

When doing the calibration, it's important to push the sticks all the way in all working directions. ( up / down / left / right )

Toggle switches that have 3 positions need to go in all of those 3 positions in order to calibrate.

I wouldn't recommend to go in this setting unless you are deseperate ( like i was ) and have tried everything you think you should have tried.

In my case, i did the GPS calibration, Compass calibration, gimbal calibration / i checked to see if my firmware were up to date. Removed the battery. Made a complete factory reset. Re-Binded both the H and the ST-16. Remade all those calibrations. Made the gimball calibration 4 or 5 times. Then, tried the ST-16 Calibration.

I was desesperate and had nothing to loose !

Be aware this could maybe F*** up you H.

I wanted to share this with you, and this makes me a place to go back to if i ever feel the need to remake a calibration.

This is great info I'm going to always refer back to this just as a reminder.
Now I'm going to go back and read it 5 times, just to make sure I understand all of it.
Nobody likes problems with their typhoon H especially flyaways.
Keith Kuhn

Centering of the sliders is part of the instructions Yuneec CS provides when helping people calibrate their ST-16's. If your H ever starts a fast and continuous beeping sequence it's likely telling you the ST-16 lost calibration and needs to be re-calibrated using what was referenced in the earlier post.

Just saying hello Pat

This is working for me but something seems missing in the instructions below. After clicking calibrate, then start, it says press all of the buttons it's telling you to until green. I don't see it telling me to press anything and I've tried pressing all of the red buttons (they ALL say fail) and nothing. While writing this, one mysteriously went green (J3).

Not quite sure what to do to get through this process.

Eric

For your information

On the ST-16. When you access the secret menu and do the calibration test for the ST-16. it's important that the TILT and the Turtle / Rabbit sliders are set to the middle. ( not at the top, not at the buttom, but in the middle )

Tap the system settings

You will see:

ENTER TEST
HW TEST
WIFI TEST
CALIBRATE TEST
HDMI SETTINGS
FIRMWARE UPGRADE

My Gimbal would not pan well. It would not go to horizon and always stay below the horizon.

I did several Gimball calibrations, i could see the camera going up and doing is thing perfectly fine. But the camera would always point a bit down.

( this calibration could be usefull for H that drift and can't keep a perfect hoover )

I tried to calibrate the ST-16 many times, and the pan slider in HARDWARE MONITOR would always behave differently. ( not going completely up on the HARDWARE MONITOR when the slider was physically completely up )

That's when i understood that the pan " slider " probably needed to be in a certain position before doing the calibrations.

I tried it starting in the center position and sure enough, my problem was gone.

Re-do the same thing with all the buttons on the remote. ( ALL OF THEM EVEN CAMERA OR CAMCORDER )

Once you are done, all icons should be green. Press FINISH at the buttom and go back to the FLIGHT MODE SCREEN.

Go to HARDWARE MONITOR and check that the behavior of all your " buttons / sticks / sliders " are behaving normally.

When doing the calibration, it's important to push the sticks all the way in all working directions. ( up / down / left / right )

Toggle switches that have 3 positions need to go in all of those 3 positions in order to calibrate.

I wouldn't recommend to go in this setting unless you are deseperate ( like i was ) and have tried everything you think you should have tried.

In my case, i did the GPS calibration, Compass calibration, gimbal calibration / i checked to see if my firmware were up to date. Removed the battery. Made a complete factory reset. Re-Binded both the H and the ST-16. Remade all those calibrations. Made the gimball calibration 4 or 5 times. Then, tried the ST-16 Calibration.

I wanted to share this with you, and this makes me a place to go back to if i ever feel the need to remake a calibration.

For your information

Tap the system settings

You will see:

ENTER TEST
HW TEST
WIFI TEST
CALIBRATE TEST
HDMI SETTINGS
FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Thanks, got it and it helped me fix the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone