Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 SD Card Access

Reaction score
Hi folks;

Can anybody guide me as to how to access the SD card in my ST16? Directly? I know there is a way, but no matter where I go, I cant see or access it. All I can access is the internal storage. I like to use the card to transfer my telemetry files instead of connecting the ST16 to the compooter. ( I also prefer to format the card in the ST16 as it will format to the android protocol that is programmed by Yuneec. I try to avoid mixing the droid thing with windows.....ESPECIALLY WINDOWS 10! I HATE WINDOWS 10! I fear that creates more chaos than I care to, or know how to sort through.) And on the note of SD cards, Yuneec states that we can use any SD card for 16 to 128 GB as long as it is a class 10. What is a class 10 "HC" card? I'm thinking "High Capacity", but that's a guess. Anyway, is it compatible/useable? I recently used a Sandisk 64GB "Ultra Plus" (XC I?) and it worked "once." After that no matter what compooter I put the card in, I was told it had to be formatted. When I tried, it failed. I figure it is just a bad card, but figured I'd throw it out there for your expert opinions. Thanks for your input. Fly like you were up there yourself.

Sorry to clarify the fact that I did have a card in. Not my millionth use of the controller, but definitely not my first.

Hi folks;

Can anybody guide me as to how to access the SD card in my ST16? Directly? I know there is a way, but no matter where I go, I cant see or access it. All I can access is the internal storage. I like to use the card to transfer my telemetry files instead of connecting the ST16 to the compooter. ( I also prefer to format the card in the ST16 as it will format to the android protocol that is programmed by Yuneec. I try to avoid mixing the droid thing with windows.....ESPECIALLY WINDOWS 10! I HATE WINDOWS 10! I fear that creates more chaos than I care to, or know how to sort through.) And on the note of SD cards, Yuneec states that we can use any SD card for 16 to 128 GB as long as it is a class 10. What is a class 10 "HC" card? I'm thinking "High Capacity", but that's a guess. Anyway, is it compatible/useable? I recently used a Sandisk 64GB "Ultra Plus" (XC I?) and it worked "once." After that no matter what compooter I put the card in, I was told it had to be formatted. When I tried, it failed. I figure it is just a bad card, but figured I'd throw it out there for your expert opinions. Thanks for your input. Fly like you were up there yourself.
How to access Telemetry Data on ST16

Reactions: PatR
Dang, I type slow, Steve C beat me to it...

On the ST-16:
Press the Pad Tab.
"OK" the warning.
Press the circle with the six dots (I don't know what it is called) toward the bottom center of the display.
Select "File Manager".
In the upper left corner of the File Manager you should see an image that looks like a memory card, to the left of the words "Internal Storage"
Tap on that image and you should now be viewing "External SD Card".

Thanks for the input folks. After I posted, I putzed around in the ST, and managed to figure it out. BUT...... In the process, I discovered that once you format a SD card in the ST, your (FRIKIN" WINDOWS BASED) cumpooter will no longer recognize it. The original card I mentioned IS, IN Fact, trash. ST and cumpooter both wont format it. ST recognizes it, but that's all. I'm convinced that it's the droid vs Windows protocol thing that is causing this. Oh well, it is what it is. At any rate, I'm off to go and get replacement cards. But I will mark them so that I know not to mix the 2 systems. Thanks again guys/galz?

I forgot to mention, can anybody clarify the Class 10 "HC" thing? If I'm going to get another card, I don't want to make what could be the same mistake I made before. Is the "HC compatible, and WTH does it stand for?..........Pat R, No problems. I'm not the best writer.

I don't look up links when using a phone so there won't be one in this post but if you Google search SD card classification you'll get what you want and much more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz