Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16 Video Playback Size

Reaction score
Hey crew

Just wanted to check I am not missing a trick here...

When you play back a stored video on the controller, it appears relatively small in the center of the screen. Nothing I try will make that bigger, other than accessing the video by moving the SD card into the ST-16 and using the file browser to play and get it full screen. Am I missing something - is there a way to make the stored recording bigger ?

Thanks

Hey crew

Just wanted to check I am not missing a trick here...

When you play back a stored video on the controller, it appears relatively small in the center of the screen. Nothing I try will make that bigger, other than accessing the video by moving the SD card into the ST-16 and using the file browser to play and get it full screen. Am I missing something - is there a way to make the stored recording bigger ?

Thanks

AeroJ,

Are you running into the fact the video stored in the ST16 is but a small, at most 720p clip, whereas the SD card (assuming the one from your camera) is the full hi def, hi res, whatever you set the capture settings to, version?

Jeff

AeroJ,

Are you running into the fact the video stored in the ST16 is but a small, at most 720p clip, whereas the SD card (assuming the one from your camera) is the full hi def, hi res, whatever you set the capture settings to, version?

Jeff
Oh I very much suspect so :) But Jeff, I have a dream ! - I'd like to be able to double click that preview to make it go a bit bigger, but it has other ideas :) Was just checkin there's no way round that or shortcut / gesture I was missing.

Oh I very much suspect so :) But Jeff, I have a dream ! - I'd like to be able to double click that preview to make it go a bit bigger, but it has other ideas :) Was just checkin there's no way round that or shortcut / gesture I was missing.

I just checked my ST16 (H480). Playing the videos in the ST16 full screen just fine. Look pretty good too! I likely had not even tried since unboxing two years ago so I did not recall what it does.

Hopefully you can figure out why yours are not full screen.

What are the settings for your video capture? Just making sure they are full screen to begin with.

Jeff

Ah right - I am only recording at 1080 ! So you record at 4K do you, and then the playback fills the whole screen ? I seeeee..... thank you - clears that up.

Oh OK, that's weird then :) When I play that back (and I mean the streamed footage from the St-16, NOT the card from the camera transferred into the controller) I get a little box maybe half the screen size and no amount of pinching it or double tapping it makes it go any bigger. So yours is full screen then ? And I don't suppose you remember what you did, if anything to make it so ? Also should check - I am running the E - European software for the ST-16, whereas I presume you are using the A - American version. Perhaps the difference is there ?

Oh OK, that's weird then :) When I play that back (and I mean the streamed footage from the St-16, NOT the card from the camera transferred into the controller) I get a little box maybe half the screen size and no amount of pinching it or double tapping it makes it go any bigger. So yours is full screen then ? And I don't suppose you remember what you did, if anything to make it so ? Also should check - I am running the E - European software for the ST-16, whereas I presume you are using the A - American version. Perhaps the difference is there ?

In the U.S. yes. I did not do anything as far as any settings. Just works!

Reactions: AeroJ
Eurgh :) Not only does Europe make us dial back our transmitters to a quarter of their intended power, they won't even let us see properly sized video. I'll write to the queen.
Thanks for the info Jeff :)

Last edited:
Goddammit :) Not only does the shitty UK make us dial back our transmitters to a quarter of their intended power, they won't even let us see properly sized video. I'll write to the queen.
Thanks for the info Jeff :)
@AeroJ
Please no profanity! Especially using GD. NOT SMART!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers