Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16s Interface and Flight Modes Video

I have had a H Plus now for about 5 months. When I saw that the 480 batteries were OK to use in the Plus, I bought two of them as backups. I primarily use them to do ground checks and setup when updated firmware, etc. I will start using them more for flights based on what I am seeing from above messages. I really like the C23 camera and the photos and video that it produces. Based on the fact that the Plus batteries are so expensive, it probably is a good deal to buy the 480 batteries as backups.

Reactions: Sferreira
The main thing gained with the LiHV packs used in the H+ and 520 is slightly more "oomph" due to the higher voltage. This allows the motors to develop a tad more power. As long as you are aware of the differences in voltage you will be fine.

LiPo full charge = 4.2 V/cell. Full discharge is 3.0 V/cell. 3.7 V/cell is nominal (rated) voltage
LiHV full charge is 4.35 V/cell. Full discharge is 3.0V/cell. 3.8 V/cell is nominal (rated) voltage

On either cell it is a best practice not to exceed 80% discharge for the health of the cells.

Reactions: DCH
Thanks @Peggy So you fly down to 18% showing? So what about the low battery warnings? I get that the different battery voltage makes this possible but what about the warnings?

My experience is that the first warning comes at 27% then again every 30 seconds until the 4th and then it automatically goes into RTH.

This is encouraging news as my two original batteries having around 100 flights each are now showing their age, they now can only do about a 15 minute flight where as when new I could get a solid 18 minutes before the warning.

Thanks @Peggy So you fly down to 18% showing? So what about the low battery warnings? I get that the different battery voltage makes this possible but what about the warnings?

My experience is that the first warning comes at 27% then again every 30 seconds until the 4th and then it automatically goes into RTH.

This is encouraging news as my two original batteries having around 100 flights each are now showing their age, they now can only do about a 15 minute flight where as when new I could get a solid 18 minutes before the warning.

Just flick the angle/manual mode switch to knock of the RTL (manual to angle to manual) and you can take any battery down to 10% (not that you’d do that) before it auto lands where it is. Not sensible if over water lol.
Try it Ty. Just hover 20ft up near you. Grab yourself by the testicles and flick that switch first at 20% to kill the RTL then again at 15% and watch it auto land at 10% with about 30 mins flight time from a 480 battery. But that 10% will be around 17% rising to 20% after switch off.
Once every 20 charges this does the lipos good to have a deep discharge.
But fully charge when get home not storage mode. Then of course you have to run them down to 50% storage again.
It’s a pain but does the batteries the world of good.

Reactions: Ty Pilot and DCH
Grab yourself by the testicles and flick that switch first at 20% to kill the RTL
Another great tip @Peggy! I did not know that grabbing my testicles would override RTL. What gets overridden if I take the testicle grab to the next logical step?:oops:

Seriously, this is fantastic info to know since I use mostly 480 batteries. Thanks again!!

Reactions: Peggy
I've been using lipos for a very long time. I also know two people who are involved in the manufacture of lipos. There is absolutely no need to ever do a "deep discharge'. In fact, doing so can damage the cells. 20% remaining capacity is the industry standard for lipos. Running them down beyond that is just not good for them and can substantially reduce their lifespan and performance.

Last edited:
Another great tip @Peggy! I did not know that grabbing my testicles would override RTL. What gets overridden if I take the testicle grab to the next logical step?:oops:

Seriously, this is fantastic info to know since I use mostly 480 batteries. Thanks again!!

It doesn’t help with the RTL in any way but it sure helps them not to ride up into your throat [emoji6]

Reactions: DCH
Just flick the angle/manual mode switch to knock of the RTL (manual to angle to manual) and you can take any battery down to 10% (not that you’d do that) before it auto lands where it is. Not sensible if over water lol.
Try it Ty. Just hover 20ft up near you. Grab yourself by the testicles and flick that switch first at 20% to kill the RTL then again at 15% and watch it auto land at 10% with about 30 mins flight time from a 480 battery. But that 10% will be around 17% rising to 20% after switch off.
Once every 20 charges this does the lipos good to have a deep discharge.
But fully charge when get home not storage mode. Then of course you have to run them down to 50% storage again.
It’s a pain but does the batteries the world of good.

Yep I have used the Mode flip to cancel. Will run a 480 battery thru tomorrow. One thing I have noticed is; when I do fly (say for instance) down to the first batt warning (27% Indicated) then let it cool. When I put it on my Charger, the charger's reading has it showing 10% already but then again that is from a Plus battery. Looking forward to what a two year old 480 battery can do. :cool:

Reactions: Peggy
Made another video for the Plus, this one covers the ST-16s Interface and (because they brought it back) - Smart Mode, as well as a few other things.

Superb! Just what i needed to understand my new ST 16s

You've done a fantastic job on these training videos! I guess I am glad that Yuneec has now included the smart mode on the Plus, but I probably won't see a need to use it. I along with others really appreciate the work that you have done on producing the videos as there aren't that many available for the Typhoon H Plus. Yuneec ought to make you part of their staff! I hope that they stay in business after finding out that they have fallen on hard times as they try to compete with DJI.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I Used Adobe for years (still Use After Effects CS4 and Photoshop) but the 60.00 per month for the video suite is too much for me at this time, so I do final editing in Cyberlink Power Director. My animations are done in Photoshop and/or After Effects and rendered out as a normal clip then brought into PD. It's an extra step but works for now. While PowerDirector does not have the polish Adobe PP does, for the money it does a great job and works with about any kind of footage I throw at it.
I also did not find the price of Adobe to be worth it and not able to own the programs kind sucks. I found Coral VideoStudio and Photo bundle to be a good replacement for the price and it is close to the Adobe packaging with some of the same kind of programs included in the bundles. Second note, a nice holder for the ST16, I am the one who bought one that you shipped to Isreal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval