Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST-16s Interface and Flight Modes Video

Hahaha.. That’s the price that Yuneec is advertising in Amazon.. and I was like! NO!!
I have been looking to buy 2 more batteries. Now that the NFZ unlock is available. The H+ will now be my work horse

When was the NFZ made available? I don’t see it on their site..

Thanks @biltno but it does have it's downsides. For instance I just paid 192.00 bucks for an extra battery because Best Buy is still the only game in town. :eek:

No need to pay that much. Use standard H batteries. They get longer flight time and nearly half the price.

How do you manage your times in flight? What are the percentages and so fourth and I assume you fly into low battery warnings? I knew they would work but in the beginning I only wanted to fly the right battery in case something happened, I didn't want it blamed on using the wrong battery.

I knew they would work but in the beginning I only wanted to fly the right battery in case something happened, I didn't want it blamed on using the wrong battery.

I can definitely see how CS might put blame on an incident due to using an H battery...

"Well, yes we said you could use the H model batteries... but we never recommended them... the crash was caused by lower voltages produced in the standard H battery. Warranty claim denied... pilot error."

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I caved and bought a new H Plus battery from Best Buy for $179.00 plus tax. I also bought a standard H battery on ebay for about $70.00. I plan to just use the standard H battery for setting up all the setting without props on until I can trust the battery for a real flight. So I now have the two H Plus that came with the drone along with the new one from Best Buy and the standard H. Had to get a standard H charger on ebay as the dual fast charger for the H Plus will not charge the standard H battery.

NOTE!

The Typhoon “H480” and the Typhoon 520 batteries are usable in the Typhoon

H Plus. The Typhoon “H480” is NOT CHARGABLE in the Typhoon H Plus charger.

push & click

!!! SPECIAL WARNING !!!

If you use a Typhoon H 480 battery, the voltage ‘indicator’ on the ST16S will be WRONG – as the ST16S is setup for the Typhoon H Plus battery.

Which is at a higher voltage being a LiHV. You may buff up the 480

battery an will not get it out of the H+ if you run it to low!!!!

Reactions: YuKay
I found out today that the original white DJI goggles will interface with the ST16S controller via HDMI connection. It’s a great way for someone who wants you to either video or take stills of their property to see what you see in your display and OK the footage or still shots. I ordered a 10 foot long micro to standard HDMI cable to use in this set up.

I did that last month on a neighbor's property next to my brother in Northern Cal. I made sure he had a chair to sit in as the view will disorientate the person.

Only issue was he just said "Keep flying. This is awesome." and never actually provided guidance on what he wanted.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Once the warranty is up, if ya’ll are willing to slightly disfigure the bottom of your aircraft you could adapt more conventional batteries and obtain them for 1/3 or less the cost of factory batteries.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
The manufacturers currently have us by the short and curlies. I guess they are not real interested in making friends with their owners. Would be great if somebody offered aftermarket batteries. Is there any special electronics in the battery as there is in the DJI batteries? If not, should be a cinch to make them a lot cheaper. LiPo's are no where near as expensive as $190. Just make the plastic parts around it on a 3D printer.

What do you think of the idea of putting a bigger, heavier battery in. Would that interfere with the flight dynamics, etc.?

Excellent video
I can’t watch anymore because your making me want a H+ more and more!

That is exactly what happened to me! I only had my H480 about a month when I first watched @Ty Pilots first H Plus video. Not sure what happened, but two week later I had a Plus, ...an no more money!o_O

I have been desperately trying to warn everyone ever since about @Ty Pilot and the subliminal messages that he embeds in his videos. Come on TY, tells what program you're using for that. Is it a plug in for Cyberlink Power Director, or is it an Adobe product?

!!! SPECIAL WARNING !!!
If you use a Typhoon H 480 battery, the voltage ‘indicator’ on the ST16S will be WRONG – as the ST16S is setup for the Typhoon H Plus battery.
Which is at a higher voltage being a LiHV. You may buff up the 480
battery an will not get it out of the H+ if you run it to low!!!!

Ever since I watched @Peggy's video about the H and H Plus batteries being interchangeable, I have been using the H480 batteries intermixed with the Plus batteries. (Thanks @Peggy!:))

I have two Plus and four H480 batteries, so the 480s are getting more total time in the Plus. I have not seen any issues doing this so far. The H batteries never seem to be any warmer than a Plus battery after a full flight. NO puffing yet. I'm not even sure there is much (if any) flight time difference, but I have never timed a flight with either battery yet. Since I have no warranty to cash in on I'm not worried about voiding it by using an H480 battery, however I am concerned about damaging my equipment. I will continue to cycle these batteries thru the Plus and if any issue whatsoever arises from doing so I will post it immediately.

BTW, When I first install a fully charged H480 battery in the Plus, the voltage reading is 100%, even though the actual voltage of the 480 is lower. So far there has been nothing to indicate this is a bad practice. However as I said, at the first sign of trouble I'll post it.

@DCH That is very good to hear that you have been using the 480 batteries successfully, could you tell us at what voltage indicated do you land? Have you ever hit "Low Batt Warn' with either battery in the Plus?

@DCH That is very good to hear that you have been using the 480 batteries successfully, could you tell us at what voltage indicated do you land? Have you ever hit "Low Batt Warn' with either battery in the Plus?

I’ll chirp in here Ty if I may.
I use 480 batteries all the time and get about 2 mins more in my H520 and H Plus then the LiHv batts. Weird eh?

If you land on 18% with a 480 battery in the H Plus you are actually landing with about 27% then after resting it will go up to 30%
These are rough figures but will get you about 24-27 mins flight time.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval