Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

st george's church

Nice vid. When did you shoot it?
Hi, Flush shot on Monday afternoon been dying to fly my drone there just had to find somebody to get permission very interesting church with lots of history.
interesting that you had just posted a church in a built-up area nice vid by the way and I did read your declaration regarding a weaver. is that valid for a year ??

Hi, Flush shot on Monday afternoon been dying to fly my drone there just had to find somebody to get permission very interesting church with lots of history.
interesting that you had just posted a church in a built-up area nice vid by the way and I did read your declaration regarding a weaver. is that valid for a year ??
The waver is standard in the PfCO. It is called PfCO Exemptions to the Air Navigation Order, and all standard PfCO holders have this waver at the moment but I don't think this has always been the case: I don't recall seeing it in my previous PfCO's...I cottoned on to it when I renewed back in April. For any PfCO flight the pilot is allowed to fly in a congested area so long as he keeps his aircraft at least 30mtrs away from things not under his control during take-off and landing, and at at least 50mtrs away during normal flight. This is in a bubble so a PfCO holder is able to fly directly over things not under his control in a congested area so long as he is at least 50mtrs above them. For a hobby flier it is 150mtrs so effectively a hobby flier cannot fly in a congested area or above it since he is limited to 120mtrs hight.

For my video I took off from the church grounds which gave me at least a 30mtrs clearance for take-off and once airborne I climbed to 225 feet (about 68.7m) which made the flight legal. It would have been impossible without the help of the church, though...praise be!

Reactions: thetrecker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval