Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ SD card

Reaction score
I have a few questions:
There are multiple files on this sd card. What are all the folders / files for?
Should I erase / reformat before each session of flight that way there is not a bunch of files adding up on the card?
Where is the database of "No Fly Zones" stored?
Also, what software can I use to view the files in the "FPV Video" folder.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Glen Glazewski
I have a few questions:
Should I erase / reformat before each session of flight that way there is not a bunch of files adding up on the card?
Thanks for your help.
Told me to format mine before it would take pics/video. Said not to erase files ( tutorials) too late. That is all on website any way. After doing that it works fine. Had crash and burn into football goalpost. Waiting to see video on that one!! Good luck. bc

What happens when the card fills up? Does it erase the oldest files, reformat the card? Or, does it erase after each flight?

I erase mine when downloading to computer. Going t get a bigger card when I remember to do so

I have a few questions:
Thanks for your help.
Your video, and photos will be in a DCIM folder; that's the only folder that you should delete files from. When formatting the card always remember to format in FAT32. Some of the 64g and bigger won't allow you to format in FAT32. So I stick with a 32g. You don't need to format after each flight, but I would move the files to your computer and delelte them off your sd card. Depending on what format you're recording at you can fill up a low gig sd card rather quickly.

Once the card fills up nothing else can be written to it; it won't reformat, or erase old files. Once the card is full you should get some kind of warning (card full, insert new card, not enough space, ***mb remaining) what ever the warning is. Having a fresh sd card with enough space should be part of your pre flight check list. Just imagine; perfect day, conditions just right, batteries all charged up, and you find your sd card is full......Don't take the risk of missing out on a perfect flight

I may have misinformed you. You can still reformat the card it just won't reformat, or erase files on it's own

Once the card fills up nothing else can be written to it; it won't reformat, or erase old files. Once the card is full you should get some kind of warning (card full, insert new card, not enough space, ***mb remaining) what ever the warning is. Having a fresh sd card with enough space should be part of your pre flight check list. Just imagine; perfect day, conditions just right, batteries all charged up, and you find your sd card is full......Don't take the risk of missing out on a perfect flight

So you are saying that the ST10 controllers card will get full once and never again be able to record flight data until it is manually removed or connected to a computer and formatted?

I have never seen this in any documentation ever.

Most devices that write to any data storage device have settings to where you can overwrite old files once the device is full. I've never seen that option or documentation on the St10+. That maybe a question for Yuneec. As for me I always download the telemetry files, and the video files after each day of flying, and delete them from the sd cards. Trying to pair up to many files may be become to confusing to some. There're some files that contain the firmware updates and product instructions. I would not delete them.

I haven't even seen any instructions from Yuneec at all that says there are telemetry files on the SD Card, I only learned that from third party sources.

Am I missing a manual?

I haven't even seen any instructions from Yuneec at all that says there are telemetry files on the SD Card, I only learned that from third party sources.

Am I missing a manual?

I have never seen this in any documentation ever.[/QUOTE]

I think we all are just like you I had to learn elsewhere. The files that are written on the sd card in the st10 are low quality video files and also telemetry files that you can overlay with the video file that will show the path you took with the actual video file playing. You can also copy the telemetry file on google maps and it will show your flight path on the map. Here's a link that shows what I'm talking about. It's with a Dji phantom, but Yuneec telemetry data does the same. Hit me back tell me what you think or if you have any other questions. I know it kinda sucks they don't tell you all of this.

Reactions: Michael Decaires
Use the video file from the camera, not the one from the controller to pair up with the telemetry file.

What happens when the card fills up? Does it erase the oldest files, reformat the card? Or, does it erase after each flight?
Just stop recording. Happened to me today, st10+ gave a warning and stopped recording

Just stop recording. Happened to me today, st10+ gave a warning and stopped recording

Would you happen to know how much time was recorded before it filled up? (I'm assuming you were using the stock 16gb card?)

Well mine is not the 4k. So on the 8gb provided to me I got 30 minutes of 1080p 60fps video.

Would you happen to know how much time was recorded before it filled up? (I'm assuming you were using the stock 16gb card?)
Keep this in mind it all depends on what format you're recording in. 4k uses a lot of data fast and can fill up a sd card quick. The lower the resolution the less data it takes to record.

Keep this in mind it all depends on what format you're recording in. 4k uses a lot of data fast and can fill up a sd card quick. The lower the resolution the less data it takes to record.

I'm a bit confused. I thought we were talking about the ST10 which records telemetry data and the Android screen which is nowhere near 4k in size.

??

I'm a bit confused. I thought we were talking about the ST10 which records telemetry data and the Android screen which is nowhere near 4k in size.

??
I'm sorry, you're right, when you asked about recording time on the sd card I thought you were talking about recording time in general on an sd card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval