Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St10 video signal

Reaction score
I’m having real bad pixelated and choppy video on my st10. I downloaded the cgo app and compared my phone to the controller. Controller video is always choppy and breaks up in green blocks and has a close to 10 to 15 second delay no matter how close I am to the my q500 4K. Video thru my iPhone 6 had a 2 second delay and absolutely no choppiness. There is no WiFi interference here. What could be going on? Any help is appreciated

What's the video look like on playback ?
I wonder if the antenna in the box is connected well.
If you have more than one device connected to the camera via wifi your gonna see increased lag in the video feed.
It's probably an issue with the box.
Others will chime in soon enough......

Video on playback is wonderful as it’s stored on the sd card in the camera. It doesn’t matter if I have my phone connected or not it still lags that much

Comparing reception on the phone is not really "apples to apples" with the controller. You need to identify for certain whether the controller is really at fault, or if the problem is possibly with the camera WiFi.
If you happen to have access to a different ST10, it would be easy to see if the other controller receives the signal better.
Otherwise, you can look at your phone's WiFi connection. It should have some sort of measure of the signal strength. Older androids used "words" instead of actual signal strength, and the best signal was displayed as "very strong". I don't know how, or even if, the iPhone 6 displays signal strength. The point is, If you have weak camera WiFi showing on your phone, then the problem is likely with the camera WiFi. If you have good camera signal showing on your phone, it is likely it is a problem on the controller end.
Cross your fingers and hope it's really the controller. ST10s are easier to fix, and cheaper to replace, than the cameras.

With all that said, the information you provided above does suggest the issue will be the WiFi in the controller. IF so, the first step would be to open the st10 case, look for loose connections, disconnect everything associated with the WiFi board, plug everything back in, and give it a try.

I decided to go ahead and take the controller apart all I did was unplug the WiFi antenna from the board and plug it back in and I now have great video. Still plan to upgrade to something stronger but atleast I can fly for now.

Well my first flight it worked great cut everything off for a few minutes, went back out and it started doing the same thing. I’m going to go back into the controller and try to tape down the connection on the board. I’m assuming it’s coming loose but it didn’t seem like that when I put it back on

They also get a little corrosion on them. Be sure to clean the connector up, and look at the crimp where the wire joins the connector piece. Might help.

Just wanted to let you know the first Q500 4K I purchased from Best Buy did the green lagging pixelated screen all the time. This CGO camera had something loose and rolling around in it's housing. Took it back to Best Buy and received a replacement. The next Q500 4k was a lot better, but did the same thing occasionally. Worse the lag, worse the picture. Found starting the drone power first, then the controller power, seemed to lock the video signal in with less lag and problems. Normal seemed to be a 3 second lag while in video mode and a 1 second lag while in the picture mode on the ST10. Even a outside antenna mod for the CGO3 camera and a 4Hawks SR Raptor Range extender will not get rid of this green pixelated problem, or even improve lag issues. It only gives greater flying distances and improves the FPV on the screen. Looked crisper. Since you said the problem went away temporarily when you reseated antenna connection, maybe getting a outside antenna mod kit would help. Possible bad antenna. CarolinaDronz makes a great one. Easy to install and doubles flight distance. And yes I did remove the old antenna. No adverse effects with less weight in the CGO3 camera. Only other alternative is to send the Q500 4K back to Yuneec for repairs. Hope I was some help. Good luck with your drone. 1528115282

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval