Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 charging S L O W

Reaction score
Started at 12%, Had it on the charger (Ev-peak) over night ~9 hours. Didn't even get to 75%
Tried my phone charger in the truck, was charging for 30-45 minutes, got another 5% to 80.
Have it back on the EV tonite, HOPE it's 100% in 7 hours when I have a lot of video to shoot.

Any suggestions?

Also seems one of the new ultramax batteries is bad, it loses about 5% every 8 hours.
If I leave it on the charger till the last minute it works OK most of the time, occasionally (twice) it has given a low bat. warning almost immediately after takeoff.

Do you have a log of how many times the battery was used? All batteries have a life expectancy.

Contact Genstattu CS dept and talk to them about the battery.

Disconnect the charger and try separating and reconnecting the battery plug in the ST-16. Put it back on charge to see if the situation changes.

BTW, you can store the ST-16 fully charged as it uses a Li-on battery, not a Li-po. A Li-on is capable of being stored for long periods fully charged. Taking your ST-16 down to 12% was probably not a good thing as it may have depleted the battery to it's safety cut off level and sitting at that state may have allowed it to self discharge below that level. If so it may not accept a charge using traditional charging methods. In the future cease use and re-charge by or before reaching the 30% level.

Reactions: rdonson
Started at 12%, Had it on the charger (Ev-peak) over night ~9 hours. Didn't even get to 75%
Tried my phone charger in the truck, was charging for 30-45 minutes, got another 5% to 80.
Have it back on the EV tonite, HOPE it's 100% in 7 hours when I have a lot of video to shoot.

Any suggestions?

Also seems one of the new ultramax batteries is bad, it loses about 5% every 8 hours.
If I leave it on the charger till the last minute it works OK most of the time, occasionally (twice) it has given a low bat. warning almost immediately after takeoff.
I have the same (bad) experience when it comes to charging the ST16 with EvPeak DY3, it takes forever. For that purpose I still use the H stock charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie