Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 controller no longer sees CG04 camera

Reaction score
I have the latest controller update B13 I think. Last year, the last time I flew it (due to COVID issues) I could get camera video, but had no control of the tilt/pan. Now today, I can't bind to the camera/gimble. I only see the WIFI for the camera that you use with the handheld controller (C100E3). I have reloaded the latest firmware for the controller, but now the ST16 keeps disconnecting from WIFI so I can't download and reload the gimbal/camera software. There doesn't seem to be any way to reset the entire system back to the beginning. At this point I have a nearly useless drone. I can connect to JUST the camera, but it only shoots straight and level and I have no control over the lens, so unless what you want to shoot is directly in front of you, no joy.

I hope someone ideas. This drone isn't even on Yuneec's website any longer.

Hawkeye the Video Guy

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
This sounds like a combination of issues.

The first thing I want to verify is are you are using the H920 with the ST24 controller, or the H920+ with the ST16 controller?

I said in the post I was using the ST16 and sorry, yes the H920+. Last year, I had the camera still connecting but I lost tilt and pan. Now neither. I noticed last night there is a WIFI signal listed in the WIFI app called CG04-92CA80 that shows up when the drone is powered up but I can't connect to it. I also note that I can connect to my home WIFI, but by the time I get to where you bind the camera, it's disconnected, so it may well be that the controller module or something with the WIFI is wrong.
I just ordered the WIFI part.

Last edited:
I was checking on which system you had because the ST24 and ST16 use different WiFi modules. The pan and tilt issue will be through the electrical contact between the gimbal and the aircraft. The gimbal is not controlled via WiFi. Camera settings and zoom are controlled through the WiFi connection.

Currently I don't have control of anything about the CG04. I've ordered the WIFI module and we'll see where that gets us. If It's not fixed I think I'll send it to one of the repair stations.
I was checking on which system you had because the ST24 and ST16 use different WiFi modules. The pan and tilt issue will be through the electrical contact between the gimbal and the aircraft. The gimbal is not controlled via WiFi. Camera settings and zoom are controlled through the WiFi connection.
ts

I got the WIFI module and nothing has changed. I can see the CGO4xxxx in the wifi setting, but can't connect to it. I can't connect to the camera at all. I just get a blue flashing LED on the back of the drone. Symptoms like "camera is not match", I connect to my home WIFI through settings, but if I try to update the camera firmware I'm told I'm not connected to WIFI. There is a camera listed in the binding page, but it's not the CGO4 and the controller itself is missing. Am I owning a brick? Will it likely cost me half the price of the drone to repair it? I really like this big thing as I'm a videographer, and there is a better lens I can buy for the CGO4 for even greater control and this thing is really pretty good in the winds here in Keller, TX. I don't care that it's not fast. I don't chase cars.

Turn on your ST16 and go to System Settings, About Controller and verify that your System Version is st16_system_v03.01.b30 and the APK Version is st16_app_v01.00.45.

Next go to Model Select and create a new model. Give it a unique name, use H920 as type, save it and select it. Now go back to System Settings and select Camera Select and set to CGO4. Now select the Bind menu, power on the H920+ with the CGO4 mounted, wait for the aircraft and camera to initialize, tilt the aircraft twice to place it in bind mode, select Refresh on the bind menu, select the SR24 _xxxxxx that appears in the left column and the CGO4_xxxxxx that appears in the right column and select Bind on the lower right.

Return to the Main Screen. You should now have the aircraft snd camera bound to the ST16. You should have telemetry for the aircraft and video from the camera. Test the Tilt and Pan for the camera.

Post results.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I got the WIFI module and nothing has changed. I can see the CGO4xxxx in the wifi setting, but can't connect to it. I can't connect to the camera at all. I just get a blue flashing LED on the back of the drone. Symptoms like "camera is not match", I connect to my home WIFI through settings, but if I try to update the camera firmware I'm told I'm not connected to WIFI. There is a camera listed in the binding page, but it's not the CGO4 and the controller itself is missing. Am I owning a brick? Will it likely cost me half the price of the drone to repair it? I really like this big thing as I'm a videographer, and there is a better lens I can buy for the CGO4 for even greater control and this thing is really pretty good in the winds here in Keller, TX. I don't care that it's not fast. I don't chase cars.
The drone will not show up on the binding page until you tilt the drone forward a couple of times, and the rear LED starts to flash orange. Please try that to see if the rear flashes orange. Either way, please take a screenshot of the binding page and post it. Screenshots of any of the pages you mentioned may also be useful.

OK. Thankx for the helpful posts. It's been so long since I had to bind the camera I forgot the procedure, and being a man didn't go read the instructions... So with a "New" model H920 or the original the SR24xxxx shows up but the CGO4 does not. I can 'see' the CG04 in the WIFI menu, but can't connect to it that way either. In the BIND menu I see "YuneecC100E3". I can actually BIND to that and control the camera's zoom feature, but I have no control of the Gimbal so I assume the C100E3 is literally just the camera.
When I use the Tilt and Pan controls I can hear the drone beeping as it is receiving signals, but the Gimbal is not. I used contact cleaner on the contacts even though they are bright and shiny.
Attached is pic of the BIND menu. It's a little fuzzy as the camera wanted to focus on the fan overhead, but you can see what I see in the menu.

Attachments

• 20211010_215434.jpg
    20211010_215434.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 11
If you are seeing a picture on the ST16 screen, then the camera itself is successfully bound.

The camera gimbal is part of the DRONE control signal binding. You will not be able to control the gimbal until the drone is bound. A screenshot of the main screen would be helpful.
Note the image you posted above shows the last SR24S the model was bound to. It would say "Not connected" if you created a new model and did not successfully bind it. That leads me to suspect the drone is bound. The screenshot of the main screen will help us understand whether or not that is true.
And a screenshot of the WIFI page showing what you see there might also help us understand what you are seeing.

Are the Tilt Mode and Pan Mode switches in the middle position? (I don't know it matters much on the tilt switch, but it does on the Pan switch when controlling a Typhoon H)
Is the Camera Select screen selected to CGo4?
Are you seeing telemetry on the main screen (see pic below)?

Telemetry.jpg

Here are some pictures. I cannot connect to ANYTHING Wifi, not even my home Internet. I used to be able to do that at least. You can see that the CG04-92CA80 shows "saved, secured with WPA2" and that's all there is there. Can't connect to it. Both Frontier ( my Internet ) and the C100E3 will connect and then disconnect and show disabled.
I can control the camera (like zoom) but still not the Gimbal. I can hear drone "beep beep" when I move the controls, but nothing happens. I cannot see, nor bind to the CG04 camera, only to the mysterious C100E3.
You can also see that I have set the camera to the CG04.
The switch settings shown should allow me to tilt and pan the camera, but nooooo.

Attachments

• 20211012_222621.jpg
    20211012_222621.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20211012_222626.jpg
    20211012_222626.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211012_222804.jpg
    20211012_222804.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211012_222916.jpg
    20211012_222916.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Here are some pictures. I cannot connect to ANYTHING Wifi, not even my home Internet. I used to be able to do that at least. You can see that the CG04-92CA80 shows "saved, secured with WPA2" and that's all there is there. Can't connect to it. Both Frontier ( my Internet ) and the C100E3 will connect and then disconnect and show disabled.
I can control the camera (like zoom) but still not the Gimbal. I can hear drone "beep beep" when I move the controls, but nothing happens. I cannot see, nor bind to the CG04 camera, only to the mysterious C100E3.
You can also see that I have set the camera to the CG04.
The switch settings shown should allow me to tilt and pan the camera, but nooooo.
OK. Now I'm confused.
1.) The WIFI screen shows the camera is broadcasting WIFI.
2.) The screenshot shows the controller is receiving video from the camera that would not be there if the camera was not bound to the controller. (Unless it is seeing "Yuneec_C100E3" instead of the CGo4))
3.) The screenshot also shows telemetry that would not be there if the drone was not bound to the controller.
So the Drone and camera are bound.
Lets move on to figure out the rest of the story.

Please understand I don't have an H920.
1.) What exactly is a "Yuneec_C100E3"? At one point you mentioned it as a hand held controller. Another you mentioned it as a "mystery".
a.) Does the "Yuneec_C100E3" show up if the drone is not turned on?
b.) Does the "Yuneec_C100E3" show up if the drone is turned on but the camera is not mounted?
c.) Have you told the WIFI settings to "Forget" the "Yuneec_C100E3"?
d.) If the "Yuneec_C100E3" is a hand held controller (or camera, or anything else you can identify) have you ensured it is not turned on?

2.) When you double tap the volts Icon on the main screen, a final output display will appear. Rotate the Pan knob (K1) back and forth. Move the tilt slider(K2) up and down. What channels move for each, and what is the max/min value for each of those channels? Please do not mistake the Hardware Monitor for the final output display. They are not the same thing and they are not looking at the same thing. You need to open the actual final output display by double tapping the volts icon.

3.) I notice from the screenshot you have "Advance Mode" turned on. That creates concerns of issues in Channel settings. Have you ever gone into Channel Settings? Even if you did not change anything.

Some other thoughts.
1.) Have you deleted the current model under "Model Select" and created a new Model to start fresh?
2.) Did you clear the FlightMode data after the firmware update? See about 4:10 into this video:

@HawkeyePoole

Does the CGO4 camera and gimbal operate properly on the ProAction handheld system? What SSID do you connect to on the phone you use with the ProAction for the CGO4 app?

@WTFDproject

Please understand I don't have an H920.
1.) What exactly is a "Yuneec_C100E3"? At one point you mentioned it as a hand held controller. Another you mentioned it as a "mystery".
I don't really know, but from the way I'm connected it seems that the C100E3 is literally JUST the camera. I can zoom the camera, but tilt and pan don't work.
a.) Does the "Yuneec_C100E3" show up if the drone is not turned on?
No. And I see that my phone can see BOTH the CGO4 gimbal and the c100E3...
b.) Does the "Yuneec_C100E3" show up if the drone is turned on but the camera is not mounted?
No.
c.) Have you told the WIFI settings to "Forget" the "Yuneec_C100E3"?
Yes. Nothing good happened.
d.) If the "Yuneec_C100E3" is a hand held controller (or camera, or anything else you can identify) have you ensured it is not turned on?
The handheld device is basically a brick without the camera and gimbal. I'll swap over to the handheld and see what happens tomorrow.

2.) When you double tap the volts Icon on the main screen, a final output display will appear. Rotate the Pan knob (K1) back and forth. Move the tilt slider(K2) up and down. What channels move for each, and what is the max/min value for each of those channels? Please do not mistake the Hardware Monitor for the final output display. They are not the same thing and they are not looking at the same thing. You need to open the actual final output display by double tapping the volts icon.
07 is tilt +100% and -101% 08 is pan same.

3.) I notice from the screenshot you have "Advance Mode" turned on. That creates concerns of issues in Channel settings. Have you ever gone into Channel Settings? Even if you did not change anything.
Probably browsed in there two years ago, but have flown the drone many hours since. I really don't have any knowledge of an 'event' I could have caused that would change anything. I just unpack and repack and charge and discharge and fly. I don't mess with settings.

1.) Have you deleted the current model under "Model Select" and created a new Model to start fresh?
Yes. But I have not deleted the factory model as it works no differently than any new model I create.
2.) Did you clear the FlightMode data after the firmware update? See about 4:10 into this video:
I hadn't, but I just did. No change.

@DoomMeister

Does the CGO4 camera and gimbal operate properly on the ProAction handheld system?
What SSID do you connect to on the phone you use with the ProAction for the CGO4 app?
I'll remount the camera to the ProAction tomorrow after work and report what I find.

I'll remount the camera to the ProAction tomorrow after work and report what I find.
What I am really curious about with the ProAction is if the gimbal works when mounted to the ProAction.

Also, did you check to see if you could control any other camera functions besides the zoom when using the aircraft and ST16?

07 is tilt +100% and -101% 08 is pan same.
Those are the correct channels and values are good. This lends credence to the Pan and tilt problem being in the aircraft circuitry or the gimbal itself.

I don't have an H920 too but I have a ProAction with CGO4. On the gimbal has a place an SR24. This one has the capability to bind with the ST16 to remote tilt and pan the camera. When the drone is connected properly to the gimbal (I GUESS) this SR24 should be disabled automatically in some way. From readings up here I think, this doesn't happen. Brocken wire between the drone and the gimbal can be the source of the problem.

Somewhere here I wrote some messages about CGO4 and ProAction related to binding and remote-controlled it.

I don't have an H920 too but I have a ProAction with CGO4. On the gimbal has a place an SR24. This one has the capability to bind with the ST16 to remote tilt and pan the camera. When the drone is connected properly to the gimbal (I GUESS) this SR24 should be disabled automatically in some way. From readings up here I think, this doesn't happen. Brocken wire between the drone and the gimbal can be the source of the problem.

Somewhere here I wrote some messages about CGO4 and ProAction related to binding and remote-controlled it.
This thread A few questions about the CGO4... is the one you are referring to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval