Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 controller no longer sees CG04 camera

OK. I mounted the camera on the Proaction and the charger says "break connection" when I try to charge the YP-4 battery on the proaction, and the battery is dead. I can't find a YP-4. Anybody have a line on a YP-4 battery for the Proaction?

OK. I got the camera bolted onto the Proaction after I had to order a new Proaction battery.... With the camera powered up I can see two WIFI networks from the camera/gimbal. One is the aformentioned C100E3, which shows up as YUNEEC-C100E3. I noted the Proaction manual says to connect to the YUNXXXX WIFI. I can successfully connect to that WIFI and control the camera. There is also a CGO4-92CA80. I type in the password (1234567890) and try to connect and I get a message from the phone WIFI app "CGO4 Couldn't Authenticate Connection". I Googled the issue and tried numerous options to no avail.

With the Proaction and CGO4 app connected I can control the camera, and can control TILT, but NOT PAN. Pan should work in "G" mode for Global with the tilt/pan joystick on the right side of the Proaction.

At this point operate the follow/global mode switch several times then set it to global. Rotate the ProAction and see if the camera stays pointed at the same point in space. If it follows the ProAction like it does in follow mode the switch may not be functioning. Also try panning with the gimbal control stick.

The fact that you can tilt the gimbal on the ProAction is leading me to believe the issue when connected to the aircraft is in the aircraft portion of the connection.

The lack of Pan control when mounted on the ProAction could mean there is still an issue in the gimbal itself.

For WiFi connection all directions say to connect to the YUNxxxxxxx SSID.

So. At this point I'm not sure what to do. The Proaction won't control PAN for the camera, it's in follow mode all the time. There still is a CGO4 wifi signal that you can't connect to. I can connect and control the camera with the C100E3.
Opinions? Should I contact a repair outfit and discuss with them? Anybody have experience with any of them? Preferences?

From reading manuals the only signal you need to connect to on the CGO4 is the YUN_xxxxxx or Yuneec_xxxxxx (which ever format it uses) where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the MAC address (C100E3 in your case).

We at least know the Tilt works on the gimbal since it functions on the ProAction. From earlier analysis we know the ST16 generated both Pan and Tilt outputs as seen in the final output display (double tap of Volts icon to bring up display). So there are are a couple of possibilities there for the failure of the pan function:
1) The ProAction mode switch does not place the ProAction in global mode.
2) There is a problem in the gimbal that renders the Pan nonfunctional (not the Pan Motor since it holds the camera forward).

I wish I had more information on the interface between the gimbal and the aircraft. Others have cleaned the contacts on the aircraft side of the connection with plastic safe contact cleaner to restore good connection, so that would be worth a try.

Beyond that try contacting @Yuneec Skins to see what diagnostic and repair services he may offer.

Well exactly no one has replied to my inquiries about repairing an H920+. Not Yuneecskins and not Vertigo Drones. Anybody have an suggestions? I'm in the US.

Well exactly no one has replied to my inquiries about repairing an H920+. Not Yuneecskins and not Vertigo Drones. Anybody have an suggestions? I'm in the US.
Sorry for not getting back to you, I am overwhelmed with Repairs, Parts Orders, Phone Calls, Emails, Voicemails, Text Messages, Forum, and Facebook Group Questions & Messages, as a 1 man operation it's all I can do to try and keep up, The Tornado H920 Series is 1 of the more difficult Yuneec Drones to Learn, there's very little Documentation on the Tornado H920's, the last one I repaired set me back a week, and I still haven't caught up. I have been debating whether or not to take another H920 Repair. I have yet to speak with anyone who really knows about them. Send me another email and I'll see what I can do.
The Squeaky Wheel get's the Grease...;)

Thankx for replying. I understand the 'one man band' issue. Vertigo Drones did reply, so I'll work with them for now. I'll let everyone know what's up when I know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval