Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30 Controller Firmware

Reaction score
some how their a password on the Controller Firmware update have you heard about this or is it just winzip

"ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec" is a password-protected ZIP file. You should use it as it is to avoid that you brick your ST16.
Make sure that the file name is unchanged. Some browser remove the 'yuneec' from the file name which makes update impossible.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Read the instructions for the update, you do not unpack it. This is the video Yuneec says to watch

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
OK. This is a little complicated, and I'm not sure how well I can explain it, but:
The main zip file is not password protected. It would have started to extract by itself, which is an issue we will have to address in a minute. However, inside the main zip, there is a second zip, and that's the one with the password. Good news, you don't have to mess with it. I'm assuming your SD card now has a couple extra files and folders. You may have to start all over, but let's try this first:
1,) go to pad - file manager - external disk.
2.) erase everything on the SD card except the main zip file.
3.) rename the main zip file from *.zip to *.yuneec
4.) back out of file manager
5.) restart the ST16.
6.) start the update.

If that does not work, you may have to format the SD card and start all over. As noted above, some PC systems can't read the file extensions correctly, so you can't change it. And some browsers change it for you. The file manager in your ST16 will always work.

By the way, the video above is good. The problem is he had downloaded the file with a system that corrected the file name for him, and he apparently never noticed.

If your Windows machine is not showing the file name extensions in File Explorer you need to click on View at the top and select the box File name extensions.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngoregistration