Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ged

Reaction score
Hi everyone.The problem i am having is when i try and charge my st16 controller it is showing the charging battery on the screen doing what it is supposed to do when charging but instead of the battery charging it is actually discharging.i started charging yesterday when the battery was showing 63% and after 5hrs it had gone down to almost nothing.I have been having problems with the small usb charging port having to push the lead over to the right when plugged in for it to start charging and also have something alongside the lead keeping it in this position,i can,t push the lead straight in and it come on straight away as it should.I have been able to charge the st16 like this before and it has charged it fully until yesterday.At first i thought it was a faulty lead i tried a new one and still the same problem,i now think it must be something to do with the pins in the port...can anyone shed any light on this problem for me and also what i would need to do to correct/repair this.Thank you so much any advice will be Very gratefully received.Ged

Forgot to mention i have only had this for 2 weeks it was bought from a shop as ex demo and had been sent to yuneec by the shop for them to test it and make sure it was ok for sale and the report came back everything was in order for re-sale?

My ST16 did that once too. I unplugged the battery for about a minute, plugged it back in, reconnected the charger and it began to charge again.

Try a different USB charger and cable. Almost any USB charger will work. It's best if it is at least 700 mA. If it still won't charge then there is something wrong with the port on the ST16 and it will have to go back to Yuneec for repair.
One way to test the port is to connect it to your computers USB and see if you can read the files on the ST16 from your computer.

Yes tried 3 chargers and 2 cables nothing. But all above combinations charge my phone and tab

Yes tried 3 chargers and 2 cables nothing. But all above combinations charge my phone and tab
Did you try to connect the ST16 to your PC with the charging cable? The controller needs to be powered on before it will show up on the computer.

Did you try to connect the ST16 to your PC with the charging cable? The controller needs to be powered on before it will show up on the computer.
Yes it doesn't recognize it in my hardware either. Was trying to upgrade when I 1st noticed no connection and upon further checking out see battery not charging

It it's out of warranty you have two choices. 1) Send it to a dealer for repair. 2) Get an EC2 connector and use a different charger to charge the battery. Each time you reconnect the battery you need to set the time/date.

That"s what I was figuring. I have a call into Carolina Dronz will see cost to repair I can and have been looking at doing the off board charge also. If I can't get the sd card to up grade then I'll XXXX can this trnsmitter and get a new one

That"s what I was figuring. I have a call into Carolina Dronz will see cost to repair I can and have been looking at doing the off board charge also. If I can't get the sd card to up grade then I'll XXXX can this trnsmitter and get a new one
You can still update the controller using the wifi download method. However, I think it's unlikely we will see any more updates for the H system.

I know but 2 things wrong on the ground what might I find out doesn't work at let's say 200 ft not time to say OH CRAP look at that thing go

Hello. I am new to the forums. Heck I am new to the drone community. Just bought my first drone 9/20/18 received it on 9/21/18. Typhoon H Plus with Intel Realsense Technology. I charged all batteries and they charged good. Then I did the updates and compass calibration. On 9/22/18 I flew the drone twice with no issues using both batteries that it came with. I charged both batteries and the controller but noticed after 5 hours the controller was still at 41%. Brought the controller in the house from the garage so I could watch it and it was fully charged in less then 5 hours. So I just figured I didn’t plug it in right. Last night 9/24/18 I flew it using just one battery and flew great. Brought it in the house for charging. Drone battery charged fine. Controller was at 58% and 4 hours later it showed less then half charged by the battery display with controller off and just touching the screen. Unplugged and went to bed. Today I have been trying to charge the controller again and it just keeps discharging. It dropped down to the red with an explanation point in a triangle so I tried a different cable and the explanation point is now gone but the battery still shows red after 1 hour of charge. According to the battery charge indicator it shows its charging. I hope I didn’t make a bad choice buying this drone. I have been reading about fly aways and charging problems. I am trying to keep an open mind.

Are you charging it by plugging into the USB slot on the OEM charger? Or are you plugging into a standard USB → standard AC adapter?

Last edited:
Are you charging it by plugging into the USB slot on the OEM charger? Or are you plugging into a standard USB → standard AC adapter?
I am using the USB slot on the OEM charger. Tried three different cables and found one that seems to be working now. The battery charge indicator shows it is half charged now. Been charging for 3 hours. I am very careful on how I plug in and unplug USB devices so I don’t ruin the plugs or cables. Can’t believe the OEM cable can already be bad after a few charges.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval