Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Not Charging

Reaction score
Hello-

I have the H520 and ST16, My controller is not taking a charge any more. I have tried multiple charging cords and USB ports. All have no effect on the controller. I get the blue light and a beep, that is all. I bought another battery thinking it was a bad battery but I still get nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim

The ST16s charging module may be out of order. In this case, if you don't want to change the radio, there is the solution of a small independent Li-ion charger with an adapter cradle to put the battery.

WTFDproject -What is the Voltage I should be seeing?
claudius62 - do you have a link to this adaptor.

Thanks

WTFDproject -What is the Voltage I should be seeing?
claudius62 - do you have a link to this adaptor.

Thanks

After thinking about it, the charger inside the ST16S may not have a low voltage charge inhibit. Many Yuneec chargers do, but I do not know for a fact it is part of the ST16S system. If present, the inhibit will likely be below 3 volts, and more likely down around 1.5v. This drawing includes some general values, and where to read them.
ST16 and ST16s Batteries-2.jpg

I don't know the specific adapter @claudius62 mentioned. But this post by @Ty Pilot shows a way to connect a regular aftermarket charger to accomplish the same thing:
"What is up with battery form factor?"

Reactions: Steve Carr
I've had ST16 batteries drained completely and they still seem to charge okay. However, it must be charged overnight.
If it's not charging, the ST16 charging circuit, the charger or the USB cord could be faulty.

Thanks for all the input. I have tried different cables and have come to the conclusion its the charging circuit on the ST16. I know Yuneec now has a charger that will hold 3 batteries. I will look into that as well as seeing if I should send it in for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop