Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 pad

To what end? It is ill advised to use the controller as you would a tablet. You do not want any apps on the controller... and the video or photo files stored on the controller are low res versions of what you have on the microSD card in your camera. You don't want to use it as a device to browse the web. Also for clarity, even though you are asking about the ST-16, the same applies to the ST-16S, used with the Plus.

Ditto! No need to surf the web with it. If you're after UAV Toolbox, you can load the file with the SD card.

Reactions: cbecker125
And who knows what will happen if you pickup a virus from the internet?

I do use UAV toolbox on my two ST16/tablets. It uses the internet to download satellite imagery to the program. That is the only internet use it ever gets. I was able to load UAV Toolbox with the file I got from their website with my computer, and used the SD card to install it in the ST16/tablet. UAV toolbox uses a 'phone home' connection to register itself.

Play Store wasn't involved -which is like parading you stuff in the red light district as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone ever read the "Permissions" Play Store requires? OMG it's essentially full admin privileges! The Play Store app is pre-loaded on the tablet, you can disable so it isn't running all the time (something I strongly recommend) but you can't uninstall it. Aside from that my "Tablet" doesn't do anything that is internet browser related. The little amount I do connect thru my home router seems to be okay so far, ...so far so good.

Yes! Hold your finger on (what looks like) the "Page icon" in the center between the +&- volume, and the "Home" icons. In about 2 seconds it will record a shot. You can find it in the gallery.

This works in both tablet mode and in flight control mode. I often use it to record my rate setting changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixelzombie
I’m gonna stay away from that. I definitely don’t want my drone to fly away

Well, several well respected and knowledgable members have said that it is not a good idea to load outside apps on either the ST-16 (H) or ST-16S (H+).

Yes! Hold your finger on (what looks like) the "Page icon" in the center between the +&- volume, and the "Home" icons. In about 2 seconds it will record a shot. You can find it in the gallery.

This works in both tablet mode and in flight control mode. I often use it to record my rate setting changes.
Are the screen caps stored in the same SD folder as the photos? I have tried this many times, and do not see the screencaps. Thank you for helping.

Are the screen caps stored in the same SD folder as the photos? I have tried this many times, and do not see the screencaps. Thank you for helping.
The screenshots are stored in the Gallery of the ST16, they are not stored on the SD card, no card is necessary. Tap the [Pad] button and clear the warning, tap the Apps Icon, tap the Gallery Icon, and you will find them in the "Screenshot" Folder.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Can these be transferred to the SD card or downloaded?
YES! Yes they can! You can either use the File manager in the Tablet to copy them to the SD card. Or plug the powered-up ST16 into a computer USB port and use the computer file manager to locate and process them.

The screenshots are stored in the Gallery of the ST16, they are not stored on the SD card, no card is necessary. Tap the [Pad] button and clear the warning, tap the Apps Icon, tap the Gallery Icon, and you will find them in the "Screenshot" Folder.
There is no Screenshot folder in my ST16 Gallery folder...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval