Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Screen Upgrade

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been MIA for a while lol
Has anyone upgraded their ST16 screen to something that can actually been seen out in the sun?
I have found that it is almost unviewable here in our Australian sunshine.
cheers, Andy

Some people, for whom the precise watch on the screen is important, use a secondary display connected via an HDMI cable.
They're telling, this one is more than acceptable in all conditions.

The link is just an example, You can search for a better price or a near store.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Some people, for whom the precise watch on the screen is important, use a secondary display connected via an HDMI cable.
They're telling, this one is more than acceptable in all conditions.

The link is just an example, You can search for a better price or a near store.
Thanks Vaklin,
that is exactly what I need. At 2200 nit it is really bright. From what I have read the average monitor screen like phone or tablet are around 100 - 300 nit (cd/m²)

Do you happen to know if the telemetry shows when using the HDMI output from the transmitter?
Andy

The picture via HDMI cable is the same as on the main screen. You can try it with your home TV set first. When the receiver of the signal is attached to the ST16, you can do some tuning via the dedicated menu.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I made a custom extended sunshade from 2 Yuneec sunshades and added black construction paper. It works quite well in bright sunlight.

Attachments

• IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3040.JPG
    IMG_3040.JPG
    323.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3041.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Andrew Grant
Save the all the fabricating and get one of these Copperdawg Sunshade extensions for $30 buck$ made by our own @Ty Pilot.

Sunshade is somewhat of a misnomer, in reality these are a more of a sky shade because more times than not it's the sky causing a bright reflection, not the sun itself, but I digress.

The bottom line is this Sunshade really works! It seems simplistic, but the tilting extension allows the user to angel the ST16(s) and the shade so that the reflection from the sky and or sun is effectively blocked.

Before this Sunshade extension came along, I always found the provided Sunshade was completely useless and never used it. Copperdawg's Sunshade changed all that, now I use it even on somewhat bright overcast days because it works so well at eliminating all reflections. FYI, I live in the Northern Hemisphere with about the same low angle of Sun as Southern Australia or Tasmania, so it should work equally as well for you folks down unda.

You can find then here: Typhoon

Screenshot_196.jpg

Reactions: Andrew Grant
Save the all the fabricating and get one of these Copperdawg Sunshade extensions for $30 buck$ made by our own @Ty Pilot.

Sunshade is somewhat of a misnomer, in reality these are a more of a sky shade because more times than not it's the sky causing a bright reflection, not the sun itself, but I digress.

The bottom line is this Sunshade really works! It seems simplistic, but the tilting extension allows the user to angel the ST16(s) and the shade so that the reflection from the sky and or sun is effectively blocked.

Before this Sunshade extension came along, I always found the provided Sunshade was completely useless and never used it. Copperdawg's Sunshade changed all that, now I use it even on somewhat bright overcast days because it works so well at eliminating all reflections. FYI, I live in the Northern Hemisphere with about the same low angle of Sun as Southern Australia or Tasmania, so it should work equally as well for you folks down unda.

You can find then here: Typhoon

View attachment 27682

Thanks for the reply.
I will look into one of these, maybe I'll fab something similar from cardboard and see how it goes before purchasing the one you mentioned.
Just as a matter of interest, we Aussies are not as far 'down under' as you are 'up there' haha
Where I live is 32°S, which is around the same latitude as northern Florida/Southern Texas
Cheers, Andy

Reactions: DCH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech