Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 strange behaviour

Reaction score
I can't figure out what happen to my ST-16 controller, every time I touch the right stick, I hear those beep beep beep it doesn't matter if go up down or side to side , and I can't navigate anymore in my touch screen as long the aircraft is turned on, and I always get a warning "OBS Avoidance has failed", the screen is frozen, if I shutdown the aircraft, then I could manage to navigate on the screen. Very strange, has anyone ever had that kind of issue? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Hi!

Maybe first, go to hardware monitor page
and look how all switches and sticks works.
The beeping sound is normal when aircraft is "on" and You move the right stick.
It beeps when stick is not in center.

Best regards,
Paranull

Hi!

Maybe first, go to hardware monitor page
and look how all switches and sticks works.
The beeping sound is normal when aircraft is "on" and You move the right stick.
It beeps when stick is not in center.

Best regards,
Paranull
Hi,
Check what suggested, every switches works fine

If the TH is on the ground and booted up, the beeping noise is normal. It's just telling you that it can't do the requested function because it's not flying.
Does it behave correctly in the air? I wouldn't worry about calibration until you answer this.

The H does not beep-beep-beep normally. Use the magnifying glass to do a search for secret menu and/or beeps of death. There are u tube videos covering it as well.

Calibrate the ST-16 using the "secret menu".

Hi Pat. After a few st16 calibrations and sometimes behaving well the beep beep beep continual tone comes back. When I move the right slider from turtle to rabbit, the H makes the noise as soon as the slider leaves the position. If I put the slider back to the position the noise stops.

I go up flying and the H hovers perfectly the first time and flies normally there after. After I land If I move the slider out of the position the H makes the noise again. If I move the slider in the air there is no noise and the slider does its job.

I go up flying again and this time the hover has a slow but positive drift. I want to mention that I had the noise at home yesterday and after performing the st 16 calibration it went away.

I am positive that I have done the calibrations (Also compass, accelerometer, and gimbal) well.
Could I have a defective st16 or Typhoon. I am an Airline Pilot and I am used to checklists and procedures and generally when issues like this noise happens we tend to think that there is a broken part or that the whole system needs the three-finger salute (Control Alt Delete reboot) if it is a computer problem. The st16 calibration would be the latter.

Should I call Yuneec Service or would you like me to try something else that might help out. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi!

Is that beeb sound is the same, when You move right stick(aircraft on the ground)?
Tap 2x on the left battery icon on the st16
You see channels, move turtle/rabbit slaider and look, only one channel changes?
Are ch02/ch03 values zero at center stick?

Edit: sorry i checked over, no movement in that menu, only "hardware monitor" showing K3

Best regards.

Last edited:
Had this same problem just before a fly-away. Don't know if it was related or not. Call Yuneec -- sort it out. Don't fly. I suspect it's in calibration assuming that your GPS is enabled and turned on. One thing about using the secret menu for calibrating is that ALL controls need to be in the center position before calibrating and to power down the H without touching any controls when finished. Also, check your software versions. Not sure of this, but I believe if the H and ST16 aren't in synch as far as software version -- you may get this result. Again, can't stress enough -- don't fly and call Yuneec. Will be interested to see what you find.

It's a long wait but calling Yuneec is a good idea.
Ok guys thank you for the input.
I will first download the software again just to make sure (Even though I am up to the latest one),
I will try one more time the st16 calibration with all controls neutral and shutoff the H without moving any controls (Do you actually need the H turned on to do the ST16 calibration).
I will do the compass, accelerometer, and gimbal calibrations as well and If it doesn't work I will call Yuneec and explain the issue. Take care and good flights

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval