Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Tablet removable?

I'm interested in the Typhoon H and would like to know if the 'built in' Tablet in the controller can be removed and used as a stand alone tablet.
Removed? I am sure it could be, anything can be removed, but there would definitely not be a body, outer shell around it. You can use it for a tablet while it is in the ST16 !, Why would you want to do such a thing and not just buy you a separate tablet? Just curious, not belittling your thought!;)

Understand, no offense taken :) I was initially looking at a 3DR SOLO but then I would have to spend $500 - $700 for a tablet ( I think my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen is just way to small for my old eyes). With the Tablet ( and I'm not sure what equivalent model it is ) being included with the H I thought it might be useful if I could use it as a stand alone tablet. I really don't think I'll actually be flying it that much since I seem to be quite busy with many other activities. Yeah, I know, the next comment will be "then why the **** are you buying a drone?" LOL I wasn't sure about the 'H' whether or not it was just a standard tablet dropped into a compartment in the controller.

Reactions: DroneClone
Understand, no offense taken :) I was initially looking at a 3DR SOLO but then I would have to spend $500 - $700 for a tablet ( I think my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen is just way to small for my old eyes). With the Tablet ( and I'm not sure what equivalent model it is ) being included with the H I thought it might be useful if I could use it as a stand alone tablet. I really don't think I'll actually be flying it that much since I seem to be quite busy with many other activities. Yeah, I know, the next comment will be "then why the **** are you buying a drone?" LOL I wasn't sure about the 'H' whether or not it was just a standard tablet dropped into a compartment in the controller.
No problem , my friend! i understand your desire!, But YES! get one you Love it ! and find plenty time to fly ! LOL !

Thanks for the replies everyone. I haven't personally seen one of the controllers so I didn't know if the tablet was totally integrated or it was just a normal tablet dropped into a compartment. From the comments it appears that it is really integrated into the controller and not made to be removed to use as a stand alone.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I haven't personally seen one of the controllers so I didn't know if the tablet was totally integrated or it was just a normal tablet dropped into a compartment. From the comments it appears that it is really integrated into the controller and not made to be removed to use as a stand alone.
Your are correct, It is built in

All of the flight controls and switches are connected to the tablet directly. I have not seen the inside so am unsure how, directly wired or via a connector, but you can run the hardware monitor on the tablet and see every controls movement.

Therefore it is integrated and not movable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval