Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 taking 5 to 8 minutes for welcome screen

Reaction score
Hello...some questions with my Typhoon H...maybe you have an answer: after starting the ST16, then the Typhoon, it finds its satellites quickly enough (13, or 15 or 16 for example) but it takes at least 5 to 8 minutes before the image appears on the ST16 and the message "welcome pilot". Is this delay normal? Thank you for your expertise

Since you are in Europe you are most likely using the (E) version of of the firmware for your camera. This has two effects: 1) Lower output power from the camera, 2) Channel switching due to DFS to avoid interference with weather radar.

The delay you are seeing before you get the video feed from the camera to the controller is most likely due to negotiation of a clear channel where radar is not detected.

Another possible issue is that the controller may be connecting to another WiFi source such as your home WiFi. To mitigate that go to Pad on the ST16, pull down from the top right, select the WiFi icon, and in the list of Access Points that appear select and forget each one except for your CGO3+ camera. Exit out of Pad and see if the camera binds faster.

I had the same (with two different TH) and did as Chris said: loading the A firmware and this issue was solved. I found it quite unsafe to fly with the E firmware because I lost regularly the video connection. When the H is far enough, that may be difficult to fly safe although there are plenty of ways to determine in which direction the nose is pointing.

Reactions: Chris Koch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop