Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 TWEEKING

Reaction score
Hello I'm sorry im new to this. Is this where we can reach out to other YUNEEC drone pilots with problems we are having with our own drones?
I have a TYPHOON Plus and my controller (ST16) is tweeking out on me. On powering up It keeps coming up with a message that sayes

UNFORTUNATELY GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES HAS STOPPED WORKING
UNFORTUNATELY LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED WORKING,
THE PROCESS ANDROID.PROCESS.ACORE HAS STOPPED.

All while the screen keeps flashing on and off....

Can anyone please help or make as suggestion on what i can do?

Thank you so much..

Stuck in Sacramento.

Roland.

First, we need to clarify what equipment you have. It can be confusing. If you have an HPlus, you probably have an ST16S. Much of the confusion comes from the label on the controller. The label on the ST16S just says ST16. The easiest way to tell is the battery. If the battery is a single block with built in contacts, you have an ST16S. If the battery is under a removable door and connects with wires, you have an ST16.

Some things are common to the two, so we can already ask a couple of questions:
1.) Does the controller come up to the normal "Splash" screen when you start it?
2.) Have you already tried a factory reset?
3.) Have you tried reloading the firmware?
4.) Did anything happen between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not? (Period of long storage, repairs or modifications, bumps, non-OEM Apps loaded, firmware updates, etc.)

omg
First, we need to clarify what equipment you have. It can be confusing. If you have an HPlus, you probably have an ST16S. Much of the confusion comes from the label on the controller. The label on the ST16S just says ST16. The easiest way to tell is the battery. If the battery is a single block with built in contacts, you have an ST16S. If the battery is under a removable door and connects with wires, you have an ST16.

Some things are common to the two, so we can already ask a couple of questions:
1.) Does the controller come up to the normal "Splash" screen when you start it?
2.) Have you already tried a factory reset?
3.) Have you tried reloading the firmware?
4.) Did anything happen between the last time it worked correctly and the first time it did not? (Period of long storage, repairs or modifications, bumps, non-OEM Apps loaded, firmware updates, etc.)
OMG First off let me just say thank you for replying. Kind of thought no one would reach out. So God Bless you just for that much....
Now to answer your questions.....
#1 Normal splash screen at start?
No it comes on with the picture of the lush green valley landscape and then goes blank for a sec then picture pops back up again.
#2 Haven't tried a factor reset, Don"t know how, plus cant access anything because of answer #1.
#3 No again. Mainly because of answer #1.........Can"t access anything to try and do anything...
#4 Nothing happen between the last time I used it to it doing this. I was actually out on a job with the drone up in the air. When all of a sudden the camera screen turned off and like reset the controller in my hand with my drone high in the sky. I was panicky to say the least, not knowing how to get it down.
I believe it hit the RETUEN HOME BUTTON and the drone landed on its own that way. PHEW!!!!
And now, here we are. I"m going to attempt to upload a quick video of exactly what it is doing at this point....
And the battery is a single block with built in connectors, so S16S is the controller i believe. Battery sayes YP-#A on the underside of the battery .

The video will help a lot. You can't upload video directly to the forum. You have to post it somewhere like YouTube or DropBox, and then post a link to it. (Not sure DropBox works. I know YouTube does.)

Which of these is the "Lush Green Valley" picture you see ?
APP Starting.jpg Splash Screen.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
I might be jumping the gun by not waiting on the video, but it is getting late on the east coast, and there are similarities between what you have described, and a condition that was described a couple years ago by @Steve Carr. Take a look at this thread. If it is the same problem, the resolution is in the first post.

The files you need are available if you don't have them. We will need to know what firmware versions you are running on your controller and your drone to get you the right copies. If you don't know for sure which versions you have, we can work around that. But it will take a little explaining, and as I mentioned, I'm already jumping the gun.

The video will help a lot. You can't upload video directly to the forum. You have to post it somewhere like YouTube or DropBox, and then post a link to it. (Not sure DropBox works. I know YouTube does.)

Which of these is the "Lush Green Valley" picture you see ?
View attachment 26141 View attachment 26142
The picture on the left hand side. That picture flashes on and off on and off on and off. Cant access anything from this screen. And a sticker with the words

UNFORTUNATELY GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES HAS STOPPED WORKING
UNFORTUNATELY LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED WORKING,
THE PROCESS ANDROID.PROCESS.ACORE HAS STOPPED.

Is smack dead in the middle of this screen, as it flashes on and off on and off.
I can press "OK" to clear those messages.
But that's about it sir..

And yes I couldn't down load the video... sorry

This is the video @Steve Carr posted in the thread mentioned above. Please let us know if this is the same issue as yours, and if you are able to resolve it with the guidance that resolved the issue on Steve's controller. Please be aware that thread drifted off into numerous other discussions that were NOT related to the same problem, and the remedies to those other issues are not related to yours.

Reactions: 7cyclops
This is the video @Steve Carr posted in the thread mentioned above. Please let us know if this is the same issue as yours, and if you are able to resolve it with the guidance that resolved the issue on Steve's controller. Please be aware that thread drifted off into numerous other discussions that were NOT related to the same problem, and the remedies to those other issues are not related to yours.

OMG OMG........Yes this is the exact same issue that i am having trouble with. Exactly!!!!
However i havent tried to do what you have suggested yet. The thread is gone and I cant see what was suggested of me to try anymore???
But yes you are dead on. This is whats happening to me right now....
What to do?

I might be jumping the gun by not waiting on the video, but it is getting late on the east coast, and there are similarities between what you have described, and a condition that was described a couple years ago by @Steve Carr. Take a look at this thread. If it is the same problem, the resolution is in the first post.

The files you need are available if you don't have them. We will need to know what firmware versions you are running on your controller and your drone to get you the right copies. If you don't know for sure which versions you have, we can work around that. But it will take a little explaining, and as I mentioned, I'm already jumping the gun.
Ok Im not sure what FIRMWARE I'm running. But I will send you what ever info you need. Would it help if I sent you my cell number or e-mail?

OMG OMG........Yes this is the exact same issue that i am having trouble with. Exactly!!!!
However i havent tried to do what you have suggested yet. The thread is gone and I cant see what was suggested of me to try anymore???
But yes you are dead on. This is whats happening to me right now....
What to do?
"Ok Im not sure what FIRMWARE I'm running."
The files in this link are the necessary controller files mentioned in @Steve Carr's guidance. Regardless of your current build, these will work to get your controller running again. Once the controller is working, you can check the firmware versions on the camera and drone. If the camera and drone are on earlier versions, you can do a complete update to get everything back on the same build.

"The thread is gone and I cant see what was suggested of me to try anymore???"
These are the working part of the instructions, copied from the original Post by Steve Carr:

Copy Update.zip and Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, wait for the Yuneec logo to time out, press and hold the center
button before the second Yuneec logo appears. Continue to hold until the splash
screen appears.
Tap the screen a few times and a popup menu will come up. It has
2 options: Upgrade or Launch. Press and hold Launch and an android screen will
open. Sweep your finger down at the upper right hand corner. Select Settings.
Scroll down to Reset and select Factory Reset.
The controller will process the reset and then will reboot. When it boots back up
it will find the Update.zip file and will execute the file. Then it will reboot again
and come up to the Pad screen. Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.

Reactions: Steve Carr
"Ok Im not sure what FIRMWARE I'm running."
The files in this link are the necessary controller files mentioned in @Steve Carr's guidance. Regardless of your current build, these will work to get your controller running again. Once the controller is working, you can check the firmware versions on the camera and drone. If the camera and drone are on earlier versions, you can do a complete update to get everything back on the same build.

"The thread is gone and I cant see what was suggested of me to try anymore???"
These are the working part of the instructions, copied from the original Post by Steve Carr:

Copy Update.zip and Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, wait for the Yuneec logo to time out, press and hold the center
button before the second Yuneec logo appears. Continue to hold until the splash
screen appears.
Tap the screen a few times and a popup menu will come up. It has
2 options: Upgrade or Launch. Press and hold Launch and an android screen will
open. Sweep your finger down at the upper right hand corner. Select Settings.
Scroll down to Reset and select Factory Reset.
The controller will process the reset and then will reboot. When it boots back up
it will find the Update.zip file and will execute the file. Then it will reboot again
and come up to the Pad screen. Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.
where do I goto to "Copy Update.zip and Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card." ???

+
Good morning.
Ok that was easy.
I did the download on to a mini sd card.
Followed the instructions, and nothing happen.
HOWEVER!!!
Prior to you sending the first set of instructions, another problem seemed to arise.
Now my controller is doing a totally new TWEEK.
Upon powering up, what is was doing with the screen flashing on and off on and off it is no longer doing that.
Now when you turn it on, the YUNEEC symbol comes on for a second, then goes away. Comes back on for a second then goes away. That's it. nothing else. smh ?‍♂️ Furthermore, now it doesnt turn off without me having to physically remove the battery. Then reinsert and its off..
When the button is in the off position, you can still hear the fans motor running, and the screen is doing the same as it does when you first turn it on..
The YUNEEC symbol comes on for a second, then goes away. Comes back on for a second then goes away. And mind you this is with the power button turned off...
Nevertheless, I still tried to follow the instructions with the sd mini card while it was doing all of this. And it did nothing. Now perhaps prior to this new problem, your scenario may have worked. But now this is where we are at now....Sad to say.

Wait. Wow before I could hit send, I turned it on and back off really quickly, and it finally powered off without me having to remove the battery...Crazy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval