Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 Update - Screen Is Now Black

Reaction score
Howdy,

I haven't flown the drones in awhile, and was updating one of my two H520's, following instructions and generally doing OK until I got the screen instruction to power down the ST16 and restart it. Since I'd done my first ST16 and had no issues, I wasn't expecting this: I turned it off, turned it on, and all I get now is the white Yuneec power up indicator, then the screen goes blank. The blue power light stays on. I've tried taking off the battery, powering down and on a few times, but no joy.

Anyone else experience this, and if so, what needs to be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Reactions: WheelsUp
Reaction score
Have you solved your problem? I just updating the ST16 and now i have same error....!! some idea for restore??
Thanks Matteo

Reaction score
well this is becoming a common issue now. to remedy this you need to hit the home button on the st16s screen while the st16s is booting up to recover then try the update again. it should update fine after then.

Reactions: Lambruteo
Reaction score
I've tried that a couple times, still getting the black screen. I'm out of town next week, but when I return, I'm going to make a phone appointment with the support desk. This is ridiculous.

Reaction score
I have done (hit the home bottom while ST16 is booting)! Now is ok !

Reaction score
Can you describe exactly how you did it? Did you wait a few seconds, and did you hit the home button a lot of times? I've tried this about 10 times now, but am still getting the black screen. I'm glad this worked for you! Now I need some luck...

Reaction score
Can you describe exactly how you did it? Did you wait a few seconds, and did you hit the home button a lot of times? I've tried this about 10 times now, but am still getting the black screen. I'm glad this worked for you! Now I need some luck...
I read this post and i tried !! Update failure HELP

Reaction score

Repeatedly pressing the Home symbol when ST16S starts and Yuneec appears on the screen!

Reaction score
I run into something similar today only my ST16S just stopped responding. I could not use the touch screen, android buttons and even OFF/ON switch on my ST16S stopped working. I had to unplug ST16S battery to get it working again. You may be with the same problem, with the only difference that your ST16S stopped responding on a different screen.

I have also run into another problem with Obstacle avoidance or something related to it. After everything has been updated it has started making rattling noise. See it at Noise on gimball E90 camera

Reaction score
I tried removing the battery to see if I could clear the problem, but for me, nothing has worked. I've shipped it off to a Yuneec drone repair store here in the U.S. I'm hoping they can fix it. Thanks for responding,

Reaction score
I tried removing the battery to see if I could clear the problem, but for me, nothing has worked. I've shipped it off to a Yuneec drone repair store here in the U.S. I'm hoping they can fix it. Thanks for responding,
I'm having the same issue and I have a job in the morning. I should have never updated the night before a project.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimP