Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 Update - Screen Is Now Black

Reaction score
Howdy,

I haven't flown the drones in awhile, and was updating one of my two H520's, following instructions and generally doing OK until I got the screen instruction to power down the ST16 and restart it. Since I'd done my first ST16 and had no issues, I wasn't expecting this: I turned it off, turned it on, and all I get now is the white Yuneec power up indicator, then the screen goes blank. The blue power light stays on. I've tried taking off the battery, powering down and on a few times, but no joy.

Anyone else experience this, and if so, what needs to be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Reactions: WheelsUp
Have you solved your problem? I just updating the ST16 and now i have same error....!! some idea for restore??
Thanks Matteo

well this is becoming a common issue now. to remedy this you need to hit the home button on the st16s screen while the st16s is booting up to recover then try the update again. it should update fine after then.

Reactions: Lambruteo
I've tried that a couple times, still getting the black screen. I'm out of town next week, but when I return, I'm going to make a phone appointment with the support desk. This is ridiculous.

Can you describe exactly how you did it? Did you wait a few seconds, and did you hit the home button a lot of times? I've tried this about 10 times now, but am still getting the black screen. I'm glad this worked for you! Now I need some luck...

Can you describe exactly how you did it? Did you wait a few seconds, and did you hit the home button a lot of times? I've tried this about 10 times now, but am still getting the black screen. I'm glad this worked for you! Now I need some luck...

Repeatedly pressing the Home symbol when ST16S starts and Yuneec appears on the screen!

I run into something similar today only my ST16S just stopped responding. I could not use the touch screen, android buttons and even OFF/ON switch on my ST16S stopped working. I had to unplug ST16S battery to get it working again. You may be with the same problem, with the only difference that your ST16S stopped responding on a different screen.

I have also run into another problem with Obstacle avoidance or something related to it. After everything has been updated it has started making rattling noise. See it at Noise on gimball E90 camera

I tried removing the battery to see if I could clear the problem, but for me, nothing has worked. I've shipped it off to a Yuneec drone repair store here in the U.S. I'm hoping they can fix it. Thanks for responding,

I tried removing the battery to see if I could clear the problem, but for me, nothing has worked. I've shipped it off to a Yuneec drone repair store here in the U.S. I'm hoping they can fix it. Thanks for responding,

I'm having the same issue and I have a job in the morning. I should have never updated the night before a project.

Hi all,

Just to let you know my resolution - after 3 weeks of trying what was suggested here, I threw in the towel and sent the unit to a drone repair shop. They had to use factory-level software to get the controller to work again; pressing the home button in my case was never going to work. Yuneec knows this is an issue, and drone repair shops have factory software that only they are authorized to use to fix the problem.

So, if you've had no luck fixing this yourself, it seems this is the only way to go. I've been advised to not update the controller unit.

I have always updated it; that's how this whole black screen issue got started. Apparently there's a problem sometimes with the updater that causes the controller to lock up and turns the screen black. The unit powers up normally, but the screen stays black.

Since a few updates ago, I've been blacked out, too, and it does from time to time. I solved it by pressing the photo button and the image suddenly appeared. It cost me only one photo that you then erase.

I haven't gotten the last two updates yet, the truth is, although these errors only affect a few people, they are scary.

seowashdc when you bought the dron? On what date?

Wish that would have worked, but the screen stayed black on power up, and never got to the data pilot screen. I bought this particular H520 system August 2018.

Wish that would have worked, but the screen stayed black on power up, and never got to the data pilot screen. I bought this particular H520 system August 2018.

Since you've been told not to upgrade, I understand that this hardware is slightly different from the one we who bought the equipment on other dates, that's how I understand it. It was for comparison. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval