Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 was shipped with switch set to on. Will this damage st16 battery.

Reaction score
Hi there Just got my 3rd New typhoon H. Last two had problems. This time i opened it up ST16 was shipped in the on position. So it 100% drained I guess. will this damage battery. Trying to charge it now.

Hi there Just got my 3rd New typhoon H. Last two had problems. This time i opened it up ST16 was shipped in the on position. So it 100% drained I guess. will this damage battery. Trying to charge it now.

You guess 100% drained? Did you try turning it off and back on? I'm hoping it may turn itself off after a time of inactivity. ???
Good luck.

The ST-16 should auto shut down BEFORE it would take the battery to zero. Just like a cell phone. ST-16 uses a Lithium Ion battery so you should be ok.

Good News. the St16 even know it was at 0% and would not turn on did charge fully and works. It did take a while to charge it.

It probably won't. It should not be depended on. Call Yuneec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if every st16 is shipped with the power button on... That's how I received mine. No issues after charging it up. It appeared to be shut down even though the power switch was on so it must auto power off. The battery was at about 25%. It took a while to charge but has not caused me any issues whatsoever. It holds a charge fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

I wonder if every st16 is shipped with the power button on... That's how I received mine. No issues after charging it up. It appeared to be shut down even though the power switch was on so it must auto power off. The battery was at about 25%. It took a while to charge but has not caused me any issues whatsoever. It holds a charge fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

@Digital32, terrible way to start, huh. Follow SoCal's advice, be warned that it takes a long time to charge the ST16 battery. To check progress, every hour or so, touch the screen with your finger. A display should appear, showing a rough idea of the charging progress.

Who did you buy the H from and are you in the USA? If the ST16 will not respond at all after several hours, just stop and contact the seller, or Yuneec. Yuneec USA is often available on Saturdays by phone, do not email. Kindly let us know if you still have problems.

Guys, don't panic. This is an Android tablet after all. So Android will always shutdown (even at 0%) but there will always be 5-10% reserve in the battery so it does not overdischarge.

Should be fine. It will auto shutdown regardless of the switch position. Your battery is safe. Leave it on charge for 5 min and it will start charging normally.. finish, and Go flying.

@druiz100, what were the problems with the 2 you had to return?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

@druiz100, what were the problems with the 2 you had to return?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Reason I got another one was not the battery in the ST16. It was one of my arm kept falling down and the gimble would move on its own going from left to right

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis