Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 wifi board parts.

Reaction score
I got working st16 controller with broken wifi.
Bought it and just realized that somebody use soldering machine with wifi module.
I took a picture of my wifi module.
There is a missing resistor? - litlle one on the right side. Bigger part in the same circle looks like it is a little bit burned.
By photos i found on the internet now i can tell that the "thing" on the left side is not from this module. Original part was 8pins, here i have something with 6pins and it is soldered wrong.

Can anybody tell me what parts are this? Where can i buy it? I know i can buy new wifi module but first i want to try fix this one.

Sorry for my english language.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210218_112127.jpg

I got working st16 controller with broken wifi.
Bought it and just realized that somebody use soldering machine with wifi module.
I took a picture of my wifi module.
There is a missing resistor? - litlle one on the right side. Bigger part in the same circle looks like it is a little bit burned.
By photos i found on the internet now i can tell that the "thing" on the left side is not from this module. Original part was 8pins, here i have something with 6pins and it is soldered wrong.

Can anybody tell me what parts are this? Where can i buy it? I know i can buy new wifi module but first i want to try fix this one.

Sorry for my english language.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 24900
Where are you from?
I have a lot of wifi boards in stock

The missing part is a ceramic condensator. It will suppress unwanted frequencies on power rails. The yellow is electrolyte condesator for lower frequencies, the missing is to suppress higher frequencies. I don't know what size it is but this is not really critical. Usually it is 47myF for the yellow and 100nF for the ceramic. If this will not fit mechanical, try smaller values.

The chip seems to be a 5V to 3.3V voltage converter. I think someone tried another one compared to the original chip.

br HE

Reactions: Typhon H480
Where are you from?
I have a lot of wifi boards in stock

Poland. What is the price of ST16 wifi board? I don't know if it's worth it to fixwith buying whole new part. I saw used ST16 I have good condition for about 100$here.
I have ST16+ too, but it will be great if I could resolder missing parts in ST16 wifi board and check if it works.

The missing part is a ceramic condensator. It will suppress unwanted frequencies on power rails. The yellow is electrolyte condesator for lower frequencies, the missing is to suppress higher frequencies. I don't know what size it is but this is not really critical. Usually it is 47myF for the yellow and 100nF for the ceramic. If this will not fit mechanical, try smaller values.

The chip seems to be a 5V to 3.3V voltage converter. I think someone tried another one compared to the original chip.

br HE

Many thanks for you!
I will look now for those over internet.
Maybe somebody got full names of those parts?

Poland. What is the price of ST16 wifi board? I don't know if it's worth it to fixwith buying whole new part. I saw used ST16 I have good condition for about 100$here.
I have ST16+ too, but it will be great if I could resolder missing parts in ST16 wifi board and check if it works.

Many thanks for you!
I will look now for those over internet.
Maybe somebody got full names of those parts?
It's better to buy the ST16 for 100,= because the wifi board including shipment is about the same price.

Reactions: Douggieboy
I have not opened my ST16 for now because the most SMD parts have no or not really helpful impints. So I only speculate.
The yellow capacitor:
Link to datasheet: https://asset.conrad.com/media10/ad...tantal-kondensator-smd-100-f-10-v-10-1-st.pdf

The missing capacitor:
Datasheet: %product-title% kaufen

The datasheets may help with packaging and dimensions.

The step-down-converter 3.3V may be a LT3685 (it has 10 pins on my pictures). The circuit may look similar to this:

But it is worth to try if the existing circuit do provide 3.3V.
dobrze się bawić

pozdrowienia, HE

Reactions: Typhon H480
...MANY THANKS....I BOUGHT ONE YESTERDAY...WE WIL SE WHAT HAPPENS....THE WEIRD THING IS THAT BOTH OF MY ST16, SHOWED THE SAME PROBLEM AT A DISTANCE OF TWO HOURS...NOT SURE YET IS AN HARDWARE ISSUE...... I COULD OPEN THE PAD MENU AND THE WIFI SETTING MENU IS SHOWING " WIFI OFF" AND, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN THERE IS A MESSAGE SAYING " Turning Wi-Fi on...." thing that never happens....do you think that a FACTORY RESET, could help?...many thanks....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22