Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S Controller

Reaction score
OK, so it uses a Android interface.

Has anyone gone through all the menus in tablet mode?

Same as Android phones, Google is spying on you.

Just started going through all the setting in the tablet, as in phones some tracking info is taken etc.

Just been disabling some to try, will boot up Th+ tomorrow to make sure all still works.

Lot of things like emails, I will never use from my TH+. OK some might like to get their emails on the TH+ controller, DUH!

But the app takes up memory space and it increases boot up time. I am never going to want to get emails on my controller.

Disabled.

Same as a lot of other apps, will never be used, but they are enabled by default.

It will take time to go through them all, but a lot can be a lot can be disabled without affecting the TH+ control.

Depends on if you want to use your ST16S as a tablet.

Switch off what is not needed, speeds up boot time reduces memory use.

OK, so it uses a Android interface.

Has anyone gone through all the menus in tablet mode?

Same as Android phones, Google is spying on you.

Just started going through all the setting in the tablet, as in phones some tracking info is taken etc.

Just been disabling some to try, will boot up Th+ tomorrow to make sure all still works.

Lot of things like emails, I will never use from my TH+. OK some might like to get their emails on the TH+ controller, DUH!

But the app takes up memory space and it increases boot up time. I am never going to want to get emails on my controller.

Disabled.

Same as a lot of other apps, will never be used, but they are enabled by default.

It will take time to go through them all, but a lot can be a lot can be disabled without affecting the TH+ control.

Depends on if you want to use your ST16S as a tablet.

Switch off what is not needed, speeds up boot time reduces memory use.

what are the process's or app's that can be disabled without messing with the normal functions of your controller ( flying... )
and yes I can see where it would not only speed up boot time. but also speed up the controller in general ( time share )...

I ran my controller up today after messing with the apps but have not had time to check all is ok, powers up ok and all controls still there, connects ok Will put a list of the disabled apps on in case anyone interested, quite a few. As I put in 1st, email is one. They are disabled, not deleted so can always be switched back on. I am still looking for more to disable as well as cutting boot up time will also increase battery life.,

Reactions: Russell Smith
I ran my controller up today after messing with the apps but have not had time to check all is ok, powers up ok and all controls still there, connects ok Will put a list of the disabled apps on in case anyone interested, quite a few. As I put in 1st, email is one. They are disabled, not deleted so can always be switched back on. I am still looking for more to disable as well as cutting boot up time will also increase battery life.,
it only makes sense to have the minimum running when flying...

Really, I wish I had timed the boot and made a note of memory used before starting, Would have to turn them all back on to do that.

Items disabled so far from tablet mode of ST16S

From tablet main screen go into settings.
Then Storage. that will give you all the memory useage.
Tap 'Apps' that will give you All the apps, At the top is the words 'Running'
and at right side 'Disabled'
Tapping on any one will give you details of if it is running how much memory
and at the bottom if you scroll down, Processes it can access.
With or Without your permission.
Some of them ran at start up, Some only when called.
Some used or could modify other settings access internet etc
So figure they are better disabled to stop them, Just in case.

One App that does access a lot of other items, Which you cannot turn off is the flightcontroller.
Not the actuall Flightmode, this is the app that runns flight mode.

I am still going through them for more, That is the problem with Google
and its Android system, They want to control you, same as on the Android phones.
I am a Person, Not an Android, I choose what runs.
I turned off Maps, as you would need a connection to use it, I noticed some input their flight data in to maps.

I will update as I turn off more, some as above not ran at startup, but I figure stop them ever being able to.

Google Play Services
Google Play Store
Maps
Email
Exchange Services
Contacts Storage
Calendar
Calendar Storage
Google Calendar Sync
Market Feedback Agent
Music
Music FX
Calculator
Print Spooler
User Dictionary

So after all that, you are not sure how much faster it boots up?

Update:

I just tested my ST16S.
Normal boot time = 53 seconds
Boot after shutting/down disabling numerous apps = 53 seconds

Last edited:
I hope it works out for you.....but you’re taking a risk here.

Unless I had intimate knowledge of the flight control system, (like program team) I wouldn’t mess with anything. You never know what calls they have in the flight control app. Lots of developers will use existing apps to perform certain functions via a call, so as not to duplicate code and bloat their app. For example, disable the calander and suddenly the logger borks because it can’t determine date/time. Cascade fails the flight app since it can’t log.

Be careful and test fly in an open area at low altitudes and speeds.

Reactions: h-elsner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin